- Movies Shahid Kapoor's Birthday Celebrations: Actor Cuts A Cake In Presence Of Wife Mira Rajput & Others
- News Didn't discuss Delhi violence with Modi, it's up to India: Donald Trump backs Modi over CAA
- Sports Bangladesh cricket chief urges Mushfiqur to tour Pakistan
- Finance Sensex Slumps 220 Points As Coronavirus Jitters Continue
- Technology Realme X50 Pro 5G Is India's First Smartphone With ISRO's NaVIC Navigation Support
- Automobiles New 2020 Honda Dio BS6 Launched In Bangalore: Prices Start At Rs 64,584
- Travel 8 Best Summer Beach Destinations In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Nothing is impossible these days, especially when it comes to the latest advancements in technology. Experts are trying to experiment with complete head transplant surgeries to keeping a person alive without their vital parts for a while.
This is the true story of a woman who has actually survived without her lungs for 7 long days! This is the first case in the world which can be considered as a miracle.
Check out the inspiring story of this young mother "Melissa Benoit", who is currently on the road to recovery after she had a complete lung transplant surgery, after she waited for 7 long days for the right donor.
She Is A Young Mother...
Melissa Benoit is a Canadian woman, a mother who was born with cystic fibrosis. She was just 32 years old when she suffered from a serious lung infection, which was spreading throughout her body speedily.
She Was Rushed To A Hospital In Toronto
Doctors were worried when they checked her condition, as she was barely a few hours away from her death. They made a wise decision to rush her to a hospital in Toronto.
Her Condition Got Severe...
Her lungs were filled with mucus and blood. She also suffered from coughing fits and her condition just got worse, as her lungs became anti-resistant to the treatment that was given to her.
She Was Immediately Placed On A Ventilator
Since her health was deteriorating at a rapid speed, the doctors decided to put her on ventilation. Since there was no improvement seen, the doctors decided to do something that they had never done before!
Her Lungs Were Removed!
A team of doctors performed the surgery, where they removed her lungs completely. This is the first time in the history of medical science that such a surgery has taken place. Her lungs were hard as a 'football'.
An Artificial Device Was Connected To Her Heart
Until she got the right donor for her lungs, an artificial device was connected to heart. This helped her to have a consistent blood flow. After 6 long days, finally she found some relief when the doctors told her that she had got the right donor.
Finally, She Had A Pair Of Lungs After 6 Days!
When the doctors found a donor, surgery was performed immediately and she had a new pair of lungs. The surgery was successful, as her condition had improved drastically and she was able to walk without any support or assistance.
We wish her good luck and a speedy recovery. Do share your thoughts and comments on this story in our comment section below.