Have you heard about vehicles having a graveyard? Guess the name is self-explanatory, but then you would be shocked to know that such graveyards do exist in many parts of the world!
These are the vehicles which have generally been scavenged or scrapped for their parts before rusting completely.
The decayed vehicles are generally an eerie sight to behold, but people love to explore these bizarre graveyards to see everything that had once been so powerful and mighty.
You May Also Like To Read: A Cemetery Where You Pay Rent To Keep The Dead!
So, check out the list of these bizarre vehicle graveyards.
Bolivia’s Train Graveyard
This barren train graveyard is located high up in the Andes. It all started in the 1940s, when the mining economy in the area collapsed entirely. Most of the steam engined trains in the area were abandoned along the salt flats. And alas, the graveyard grew in years.
Chatillon Forest Car Graveyard
This graveyard was once concealed as a four-car graveyard, with each of it containing over 500 vehicles that were slowly rusting away. In 2010, the majority of the graveyards were cleaned up amongst environmental concerns.
Oranjemund Diamond Vehicle Scrapyard
This graveyard is in the small town of Oranjemund, Namibia. It is home to one of the biggest fleets of scrapped vehicles in the entire world. This graveyard also has even World War 2 tanks.
Nouadhibou Ship Graveyard
This graveyard looks beautiful at first sight, but it is also quite a profound one, which can also be disturbing. Within the bay lies numerous ships from decades past, all rusting away in the middle of the ocean.
Soviet Submarines On The Kola Peninsula
This graveyard is located within the Arctic circle, and features a group of Soviet submarines that are now defunct. As the shipyards were too busy to handle the submarines, they simply did not wish to dismantle them and instead left them at this graveyard.
Chernobyl Disaster Vehicles
This graveyard is the home of one of the biggest nuclear disasters in the entire world. It makes sense, as a lot of vehicles would have been abandoned here. There have been cases where people have attempted to salvage what they can, especially from lost helicopters.
This graveyard is currently divided into four different categories; where there are planes that can fly again, those planes that are used for spare parts, those in a good condition and may be redeployed soon, and outdated aircrafts that may be scrapped entirely.
Wish to know more such interesting trivia? Do share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- The Most Anxious Zodiac Signs, As Per Astrology
- Pick A Moon & See What It Reveals About Your Personality
- Couple Caught Having Sex In A Flight & The Video Has Been Viewed 5.63 Million Times!
- Queen Sruthy Sithara Is All Set To Become The Country’s First Transgender IAS Officer
- Her Dad Is A Tea Seller, And Her Hard Work Earned Her A Scholarship Of 3.8 Cr
- How The Week Starting June 18th Will Be The Worst Week For These Zodiac Signs
- How The Week Starting June 18th Will Be The Best Week For These Zodiac Signs
- Weekly Horoscope Predictions For 18th-24th June, 2018
- This Is What Your Toes Say About Your Personality
- Woman Ends Up With An Eyebrow Pencil Stuck In Her Eye After The Car Crashes
- It’s Literally Raining Gemstones At Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Site!
- These Marks On The Palm Can Reveal A Lot About You; Read On!