Have you heard about vehicles having a graveyard? Guess the name is self-explanatory, but then you would be shocked to know that such graveyards do exist in many parts of the world!
These are the vehicles which have generally been scavenged or scrapped for their parts before rusting completely.
The decayed vehicles are generally an eerie sight to behold, but people love to explore these bizarre graveyards to see everything that had once been so powerful and mighty.
You May Also Like To Read: A Cemetery Where You Pay Rent To Keep The Dead!
So, check out the list of these bizarre vehicle graveyards.
Bolivia’s Train Graveyard
This barren train graveyard is located high up in the Andes. It all started in the 1940s, when the mining economy in the area collapsed entirely. Most of the steam engined trains in the area were abandoned along the salt flats. And alas, the graveyard grew in years.
Chatillon Forest Car Graveyard
This graveyard was once concealed as a four-car graveyard, with each of it containing over 500 vehicles that were slowly rusting away. In 2010, the majority of the graveyards were cleaned up amongst environmental concerns.
Oranjemund Diamond Vehicle Scrapyard
This graveyard is in the small town of Oranjemund, Namibia. It is home to one of the biggest fleets of scrapped vehicles in the entire world. This graveyard also has even World War 2 tanks.
Nouadhibou Ship Graveyard
This graveyard looks beautiful at first sight, but it is also quite a profound one, which can also be disturbing. Within the bay lies numerous ships from decades past, all rusting away in the middle of the ocean.
Soviet Submarines On The Kola Peninsula
This graveyard is located within the Arctic circle, and features a group of Soviet submarines that are now defunct. As the shipyards were too busy to handle the submarines, they simply did not wish to dismantle them and instead left them at this graveyard.
Chernobyl Disaster Vehicles
This graveyard is the home of one of the biggest nuclear disasters in the entire world. It makes sense, as a lot of vehicles would have been abandoned here. There have been cases where people have attempted to salvage what they can, especially from lost helicopters.
This graveyard is currently divided into four different categories; where there are planes that can fly again, those planes that are used for spare parts, those in a good condition and may be redeployed soon, and outdated aircrafts that may be scrapped entirely.
Wish to know more such interesting trivia? Do share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- These Are The Fears That Can Trouble One Based On The Zodiac Sign
- What Would You Want From A Soulmate, As Per Your Zodiac Sign
- Everything You Need To Know About The American Zodiac Signs
- People Of These Zodiac Signs Can Suffer From Depression!
- Real-life Stories: Woman Was Buried Alive In A Coffin For 11 Days!
- Highly Addictive Personalities Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Based On Your Birth Month This Is How You Will Find Your Love
- These Are The Zodiac Signs That Women Are Attracted To
- Zodiac Signs That Can Rule Over You!
- These Are The 2 Of The Most Wisest Zodiac Signs Of All Times!
- These Are The Most Powerful Chakras That Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- 10 Feng Shui Tips For Happy Love Life
- Google Celebrates Day 2 Of The Winter Olympics 2018 With A Doodle