- 12 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 13 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 14 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 15 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- News HTET 2019 application form new date to registration
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Clean and beautiful walls are the direct reflection of your attitude towards housekeeping. Chances are more that you will face difficulties in keeping your walls neat if you have kids around.
You will have to fight with pencil marks, crayon colours, craft paints and many other stuffs that kids use these days. Walls of all the rooms are at the risk of getting dirty, depending on the functionality of the room.
Kitchen walls are more prone to getting grimy walls due to the exposure to smoke, splashes and splatters. Dirty hand-prints are also a challenge for women while cleaning dirty walls.
If you are looking for tips to clean painted walls, we are here to help you with the most effective ideas. Using vinegar is considered as one of the easiest and effective ways to clean painted walls.
Also Read: Creative Ways To Glam Up A White Wall
This will help you to avoid the harsh chemicals that otherwise cause health issues, especially to your kids, when used. Using vinegar for cleaning will keep you safe.
Most cleaners don't go well with wall papers. But, vinegar is a safe option to clean wall papers as well.
So, try out these tips to clean painted walls with some instant homemade vinegar formula to keep your walls clean and shining.
Vinegar & Water
Diluted vinegar is gentle for your skin, but it is strong for removing almost all kinds of dirt from the walls. Mix 1/4th cup of white vinegar to 1 quart of warm water.
Swirl it well. Soak a wash cloth in the solution and wipe the walls with it.
Vinegar & Detergent
If you are dealing with more harsh marks or dirt, a mixture of cleaning detergent, white vinegar and water will do the job perfectly well. Allow the solution to stay on the dirt for at least 10 minutes before blotting off.
Vinegar Spot Treatment
Prepare a mixture of vinegar and water. Store this in a spray bottle. After spraying, allow this to stay on the wall to make the process easier.
Wipe off the area with a damp wash cloth. This is the perfect remedy to try if you are worried of the stubborn spots on your wall.
Vinegar & Baking Soda
Since both vinegar and baking soda are famous for their ability to act as cleaning agents, a mixture of these will make your job easier. Mix two parts vinegar, one part baking soda and three parts warm water to prepare the cleaning solution.
Curves And Carvings
Spray bottles will work well to clean corners and highlighted walls that have curves and carvings.
After spraying the solution, give some time for its action to begin. Wipe with a washcloth to keep the area clean. Use a cloth-covered broom or mop if necessary.
Also Read: Tips On How To Clean And Dust Walls
How to clean painted walls with vinegar if you have a wooden paneling? Well, use diluted vinegar for this purpose.
Adding some oil to the vinegar solution will also protect the wood and give a shining appearance to the paneling.
For Oil-based Paint
Vinegar is the best cleaning agent for oil-based paints. Texture-painted walls will have more accumulated dust and dirt. This requires a deeper cleaning technique with the use of vinegar solution.
If you are concerned about how to clean painted walls with vinegar, remember to wipe the walls from top to bottom. This is the best tip to avoid dirty drips.