- News Goa elections: Manohar Parikkar's son quits BJP after failing to get ticket
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 21 Highlights: Rashami Desai And Devoleena Bhattacharjee Get Into A Nasty Fight
- Finance Buy Aster DM Healthcare For 16% Potential Gains In 3 Months: HDFC Securities
- Sports PKL 2021-22: U.P. Yoddha beat Bengal Warriors, jump to fourth on points table
- Automobiles Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- Technology Intel Is Building World's Largest Chip Manufacturing Plant In Ohio, USA: Will Be Operational By 2025
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
Clean, fresh, and perhaps gently scented with a natural scent, that's how you want your rooms to smell. But, unfortunately, instead of getting a good night's sleep, you're depleting the tranquillity of your living space by breathing in musty, dusty, or smelly air.
Did you know that humans can detect more than 1 trillion smells? Our sense of smell is much more sophisticated than we once thought. Our noses are so good at detecting odours, so it's no surprise we like our environments to smell good with pleasant odours.
So, let's see how you can make your room smell good - 24/7.
1. Open the windows
Opening the windows and letting the fresh air and sunlight in is the fastest way to freshen up a room. Unfortunately, unless you live near a busy freeway or industrial area, the air inside your home is likely lower quality than the air outside. So make it a habit to open your bedroom windows in the morning.
2. Clean the carpet
For obvious reasons, carpet is the most popular choice for bedroom floors: It's comfortable, it muffles sound, and it adds a lot to your bedroom's decor, but the downside is it holds onto bacteria, mould, and pollen from your feet and your shoes. Sprinkle some carpet cleaners on your carpet, let them sit for an hour, then vacuum it up.
3. Keep your footwear outside
Make sure you take your shoes off before entering your room. Leave your slippers by the door so you can easily change out of your daytime shoes into your clean slippers.
4. Wash the sheets
The only thing better than freshly laundered sheets is clean, soft sheets-but those same sheets absorb a lot of oil, fluid, and skin particles each night. If you don't wash your sheets for too long, they'll start to smell weird. Strip your bed and wash the sheets every week to keep the air fresh. You should do it more often if you have pets or allergies.
5. Change pillow covers
Change your pillowcases every two days. You'll keep your room smelling fresh, and your skin will look great because we all know how a dirty pillowcase can mess with the skin.
6. Use a reed diffuser
You can buy a reed diffuser or make one yourself. You just need a glass vase with a narrow top, a few bamboo kebab skewers, a quarter cup of sweet almond or safflower oil, and 15 to 20 drops of your favourite essential oil.
7. Use air fresheners
Air fresheners tend to be toxic, so while they smell nice, their harm to our health and the environment would shock you. So, why not DIY some air fresheners? There are lots of natural ingredients you can use. You'll need a clean spray bottle, distilled water, three tablespoons of rubbing alcohol (you can use unflavoured vodka if you like), and at least 20 drops of your favourite essential oils. Mix the ingredients in the spray bottle and spray away!
- decorAre You A True A.R.M.Y? Quirky Ideas For Your Own BTS Themed Room
- decorHow To Make Your Rooms Look Spacious And Airy - 4 Simple Tips By Expert
- decorSofa Placement Ideas For Living Room!
- decorInexpensive Baby Room Decor Ideas
- decor5 Interior Design Trends Of 2022 That You Should Know About
- decorHow To Make Your Home Guest-Friendly In A Few Minutes, Especially Amidst The Pandemic
- decor6 Simple Tips To Keep Your House Warm During The Winter Season
- offer of the dayHot Deals On Kitchen Essentials: Buy Stunning Electric Kettle, Gas Stove, Flask, Food Processor And More
- offer of the dayMega Sale On Furniture: Up To 50% Off On Sofa Set, Bunk Bed, Study Table And More
- decorNew Year 2022: Simple Yet Cool Decor Ideas For Your New Year's Eve Party At Home
- offer of the dayAmazon Great Indian Sale 2021: Up To 50% Off On Must-Have Kitchen Appliances
- offer of the dayAmazon Sale: Up To 70% Off On Beautiful Chandeliers, Ceiling Lamps And Other Lights For Your Home