- 16 min ago How To Get Rid Of Bacne AKA Back Acne: Home Remedies And Tips
- 41 min ago Dasarighatta Chowdeshwari Temple In Karnataka: History, Legend, Timings And How To Reach
- 52 min ago World AIDS Day 2022: Can Kissing An HIV Positive Person Cause An HIV Infection?
- 1 hr ago Navy Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Indian Navy That Will Fill You With Patriotism
- Sports National Sports Awards 2022: Sharath Kamal receives Khel Ratna, 25 others get Arjuna; Full list of Winners
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 6: ADK, Azeem, And Ram Join Hands To Confront The Aliens Team
- Finance Sherkhan Picks Large Cap Engineering Behemoth For Investment, Target Price Rs 2390
- News Festivals like Manipur's Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage, boost local economy: PM Modi
- Technology Xiaomi 13, iQOO 11 Launch Events Called Off After The Demise Of Chinese Leader Jiang Zemin
- Automobiles Upcoming Electric Scooter, River EV Spied Testing – Newcomer Gearing Up To Dethrone Ola & Ather?
- Education Sail Recruitment 2022 Application Commences for 259 Consultants and Other Postions.
- Travel Most Popular Winter Sports In India You Can Try
Fasting is a general approach to weight loss and is a feasible method for treating diseases such as type 2 diabetes. In addition to these, people also fast due to religious and spiritual reasons. Despite the differing reasons, how fasting impacts the human body remains the same at the end of the day.
Navratri fasting starts Tuesday, 27 September 2022, for the month of Ashwina. Navratri celebrates the victory of good over evil. The festival celebrates Goddess Durga and her nine avatars. Navratri is one of the Hindu religion's biggest festivals.
Those who observe a fast by consuming only one meal a day may break their fast only after sunset. In contrast, those who adhere to a fruit and milk diet can consume food at regular intervals.
Have you wondered how fasting can help your body and mind? Let's take a look.
How Does The Fasting Affect Your Body?
1. Improves metabolism
The practice of time-restricted eating can improve your metabolism and offer other health benefits, such as reducing your blood pressure and improving your sleep patterns.
People, including dieticians, believe that if you do not consume a steady amount of calories throughout the day, your metabolism slows, and your body enters a state of starvation. Not a lack of calories causes your metabolism to slow, but weight loss does .
Your metabolism will slow, but this will be because your body senses weight loss. So however you lose weight, your metabolism will slow.
2. Causes muscle loss
In the absence of food, the body begins to break down muscle tissue to extract protein. After fasting for 21 days, the body starts burning fat again and continues to burn lean muscle tissue. Once muscle tissue is lost, it is extremely difficult to replace it .
3. Increases autolysis rate
Self-destructive enzymes are embedded in every cell of the body. When the need arises, cells release these toxins and self-destruct. This process is known as autolysis. During fasting, the body breaks down non-essential materials, resulting in autolysis. The rapid breakdown of cells and tissues may interfere with normal body function .
Many advocates of fasting claim that autolysis aids in the body's cleansing process; others believe that it does not. Thus, it is vital to fuel your body wisely between fasting periods.
4. Improves immune system
During a fast, the body's white blood cells become stronger and can tackle viruses and bacteria much more effectively. Research has demonstrated that a person's white blood cells are stronger during a fast than when they are not fasting .
5. Breaks down cholesterol
When fasting, the body breaks down fat cells stored in the blood vessels. This broken-down fat is then made up into new cell membranes or excreted from the body, reducing heart disease risk .
6. Gives your organs a break
Through fasting, the body is given a break from its daily routine and is given the opportunity to rest and rebuild its strength .
7. Causes diuresis
Diuresis is when the kidneys expel salts and water from the body. During a fast, this process is enhanced and causes no damage to the body's tissues .
8. May help break addiction
Fasting during the holy time of Navratri does not only mean abstaining from alcohol and smoking for a short period of time, but it may also help people overcome addiction patterns .
On A Final Note...
Pregnant or breastfeeding women, those suffering from chronic diseases, the elderly, and children should not fast. The rest of you, fast, healthily and responsibly.
- wellnessNavratri 2022: Impact Of The Nine Navratri Colours: Can It Affect Your Mental Wellbeing?
- festivalsDurga Navami 2022: Maha Navami Date, Time, Significance, And Celebrations In Different States
- faith mysticismNavratri 2022: Durga Ashtami Timings, Puja Rituals, Fasts And Legend
- diet fitnessNavratri 2022: 5 Ways To Detox After Navratri Celebrations
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 9: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Pink Navratri Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 8: Alia Bhatt To Kriti Sanon, Peacock Green Navratri Outfits Guide By Bollywood Divas
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 7: Orange Navratri Outfit Ideas From Ananya Panday, Sara Ali Khan, Shraddha Kapoor
- women fashionAnanya Panday To Sonam Kapoor, 8 Easy Navratri Hairstyles To Steal From Bollywood Divas
- wellnessNavratri Fasting Tips: 8 Ways To Have More Energy During Navratri Fast
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 6 Colour of the Day: Grey Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Beauties
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 5: Alia Bhatt To Ananya Panday, Green Navratri Outfit Inspirations From Bollywood Actresses
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 4: Deepika Padukone To Alia Bhatt, Yellow Navratri Outfit Inspirations From Bollywood Divas