- 4 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 9 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 13 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 14 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- News Mamata govt must withdraw ad that says NRC, citizenship law won't be implemented in state: WB Guv
- Movies Vijay Deverakonda Looks Charming Alongside Raashi Khanna In This New Poster Of ‘World Famous Lover’
- Sports Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka: Abid Ali becomes first cricketer to slam a ton on ODI, Test debut
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
The natural, unlimited, and renewable energy source, solar energy is the ultimate source of pure energy. Emitting no gases or any by-products that could pollute the earth, solar energy is sunlight converted to energy for use. From having financial benefits to health benefits, solar energy is good for the environment as well.
Considering the deteriorating condition of climate and the pertaining crisis, solar energy is deemed to be the ultimate choice as its production does not involve the use of tons of water and the burning of fossil fuels, which have harsh effects on the environment. This form of green energy limits once's dependence on the power grid, hindering the onset of the climate crisis and environmental problems.
Solar energy is readily available for use upon installation and is inexhaustible and renewable. Possessing various benefits such as getting rid of power bills, diverse application, low maintenance cost and storage of solar energy - this form of energy has many social benefits ranging from economics to oil dependence   .
From reducing your monthly electricity bills to being energy independent, solar energy has various benefits and they will be mentioned in this article.
Health Benefits Of Solar Energy
1. Reduces respiratory health issues
Studies have pointed out that widespread solar adoption would significantly reduce nitrous oxides, sulfur dioxide, and particulate matter emissions into the atmosphere and prevent the onset of various respiratory health issues such as asthma, breathing trouble  etc. It also helps in limiting the onset of chronic bronchitis as well.
2. Manages cardio health problems
Lesser the emission of harmful chemicals into the air, the lesser the onset of cardio-health problems. Studies point out that solar energy usage can reduce the risk of developing heart problems and cardiovascular health issues  .
3. Improves overall health
By avoiding the use of fossil fuels and adopting greener and efficient alternatives, one can play a significant role in improving overall health. Solar energy is clean, efficient, and sustainable for your household or workplace and is deemed as a healthier option by various researchers   .
Environmental Benefits Of Solar Energy
4. Reduces air pollution
The primary benefit of using solar energy instead of the conventional form of energy is that it helps reduce air pollution. Fossil fuels are the primary causes of climate change and high levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. By adopting solar energy and solar panels, one can prevent the pollutants from getting trapped in the air and causing severe problems  .
5. Reduces dependence on nonrenewable energy sources
Using solar energy help in reducing our dependence on nonrenewable sources of energy. These nonrenewable energy sources are the cause of pollution and are prone to depletion. That is, with use, it will eventually run out. But if you are dependent on solar energy, the question of running out of energy does not exist  .
6. Help fight climate change
With the whole world rising together to raise awareness of the deteriorating condition of our earth, adopting solar energy is the smartest solution. The burning of fossil fuels contributes towards the hiking levels of pollutants in the air and the high levels of carbon count in the atmosphere. Solar is one of the ways we can try to prevent the effects of climate change, although small, it helps in reducing our CO2 emissions, and releasing fewer pollutants in the air   .
7. Reduces water usage
Unlike normal electricity production, solar panels do not require water to convert sunlight into energy. This plays a central role in reducing the consumption of water, and reports suggest that solar energy could help drop water consumption in at least 36 states  .
- Zero energy costs
- Reduction of carbon footprint
- Ease of installation
- Promotes economic saving
On A Final Note...
Solar energy is reliable and will never run out and can be over and over as long as the sun is shining. Even during a cloudy or windy climate, one can make use of the stored solar energy. Solar panels are placed in open fields or the rooftop of buildings and take up no additional space. People all over the globe are installing solar panels not only for cost-cutting but also for saving the earth!
-  Naspolini, H. F., Militão, H. S. G., & Rüther, R. (2010). The role and benefits of solar water heating in the energy demands of low-income dwellings in Brazil. Energy Conversion and Management, 51(12), 2835-2845.
-  Williams, S. N., & Coverstone, V. (1997). Benefits of solar electric propulsion for the next generation of planetary exploration missions. Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, 45(2), 143-159.
-  Kaur, A., Nonnenmacher, L., Pedro, H. T., & Coimbra, C. F. (2016). Benefits of solar forecasting for energy imbalance markets. Renewable energy, 86, 819-830.
-  Kabir, E., Kumar, P., Kumar, S., Adelodun, A. A., & Kim, K. H. (2018). Solar energy: Potential and future prospects. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 82, 894-900.
-  Bauner, C., & Crago, C. L. (2015). Adoption of residential solar power under uncertainty: Implications for renewable energy incentives. Energy Policy, 86, 27-35.
-  Wiser, R., Millstein, D., Mai, T., Macknick, J., Carpenter, A., Cohen, S., ... & Heath, G. (2016). The environmental and public health benefits of achieving high penetrations of solar energy in the United States. Energy, 113, 472-486.
-  Pitt, D., Michaud, G., & Duggan, A. (2018). Analyzing the costs and benefits of distributed solar energy in Virginia (USA): a case study of collaborative energy planning. Journal of environmental planning and management, 61(11), 2032-2049.
-  Mallory, E., Matthew, K., Ara, W., Dmitriy, S., & Jenna, K. (2016). Climate impacts on the cost of solar energy. Energy Policy.
-  Qiu, Y., & Zhou, X. (2016, April). Benefits Analysis of Solar Low-carbon Public Buildings in Hunan District. In 2016 International Conference on Civil, Structure and Environmental Engineering. Atlantis Press.
-  Ahmad, K. M. R. (2019). CHALLENGES OF USING SOLAR ENERGY TO ACHIEVE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN PALESTINE. АКТУАЛЬНЫЕ ВОПРОСЫ ПРАВА, ЭКОНОМИКИ И УПРАВЛЕНИЯ: сборник, 35.
-  Mozayeni, S., Pillai, U., & Wang, R. (2019). Consumers Behind Solar Energy: A Case Study of Households’ Demand for Four OECD Countries. Journal of Strategic Innovation and Sustainability, 14(1).
-  Aman, M. M., Solangi, K. H., Hossain, M. S., Badarudin, A., Jasmon, G. B., Mokhlis, H., ... & Kazi, S. N. (2015). A review of Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) issues of solar energy system. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 41, 1190-1204.