- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 04 February 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 8 hrs ago Can Valentine's Day Have A Negative Influence On Romantic Partners?
- 8 hrs ago Nora Fatehi Fitness Tips: 4 Lessons From The Dancing Diva!
- 8 hrs ago Parenting Tips: 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch To Plastic-Free Toys
- Sports Dipa Karmakar serving 21-month doping suspension till July 2023
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Did you know THIS Was Shalin Bhanot's First Job Before Becoming an Actor?
- News What Yogi Adityanath said on Boycott Bollywood trend
- Finance HDFC Bank- How to Get Customer ID or CIF Number?
- Travel Honeymoon special: Most Romantic cities in the World
- Automobiles Tata Harrier, Safari Red Dark Edition Launch In March – ADAS, Bigger Screen & More
- Technology Realme 10 Pro Coca-Cola Edition India Launch Confirmed: Pre-Booking May Earn Free Smartphone
- Education UGC NET December Exam 2022: Exam City Intimation Link will be available soon; Check Details Here
Many people know how relaxing a good foot massage can be, particularly if you've been on your feet all day. As a matter of fact, our feet perform the majority of our bodily functions. They support us wherever we go, and regular foot massages will help keep them strong and flexible.
Health experts recommend that one should make a habit of massaging one's feet an hour before bedtime as the least pampered part of one's body. In addition to keeping the feet strong and flexible, this practise also protects against several health problems .
For centuries, foot massage has been practised to promote health and well-being in many cultures. A foot massage is a form of complementary and alternative medicine that is used by millions worldwide . Many people, however, are unaware of the many benefits that a foot massage offers - that is why we will take the time to explain them to you.
The following are some health benefits of massaging your feet before you go to bed.
Benefits Of Massaging Feet Before Bedtime
Here are the health benefits of massaging feet, take a look.
1. Enhances blood circulation
There is a reduction in blood circulation in the human body due to sedentary lifestyles. Regular foot massages help increase blood flow to the feet and keep heart disease at bay by increasing the blood supply to the feet. It has also been shown that foot massages reduce the chance of developing varicose veins in the legs, particularly if the condition runs in families .
2. Relieves leg pain
Practice healthy foot massage for a month to eliminate restless leg syndrome. Massaging the feet with warm coconut oil before bedtime is effective in relaxing the nerves, which in turn relieves restless leg syndrome .
3. Reduces blood pressure
One of the benefits of massaging the feet for ten minutes before sleeping is a reduction in anxiety, improved mood, and a reduction in high blood pressure.
4. Eliminates body acids
During strenuous exercise, lactic acids are formed in the muscles. A 20-minute foot massage every night eliminates these lactic acids. Leaving this lactic acid untreated can lead to other foot problems. When this increased acid builds, the muscles become tired and may not contract as effectively. During exercise, some people may experience a burning sensation in their muscles .
5. Relieves joint pain
Among the best health benefits of massaging feet is that it aids in relieving all types of joint pain in the body. Pay particular attention to the pressure points on the sole and the heel of the foot.
6. Relieves headaches
A simple and effective way to treat headaches is by massaging the feet every day for at least 15 minutes. This helps calm the nerves in the brain, thereby alleviating headaches .
7. A must for pregnant women
In the final trimester of pregnancy, pregnant women must get their feet massaged to help the fluid accumulating in the swollen feet return to the kidneys so it can be flushed out .
On A Final Note...
In general, it is advisable to massage the feet with only coconut oil before bedtime. As well as relaxing the muscles in the foot, this essential oil also reduces stress levels in the body, which leads to better blood circulation. It has also been reported that regular foot massage improves sleep patterns as well as other health issues such as improving metabolism, preventing headaches and more.
- wellness6 Common Warning Signs Your Feet Can Show About Your Health
- wellnessWhat Your Feet Say About Your Health: Know About The 15 Warning Signs And Ways To Keep Your Feet Healthy
- diabetes12 Safe And Effective Tips For Diabetic Foot Care
- body careHow To Use Pumice Stone To Heal Dry And Cracked Feet
- disorders cureWhat Are Corns And Calluses? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatments And Prevention
- body care8 Wonderful Tips To Take Care Of Your Feet This Winter Season
- skin careUse These Amazing Essential Oil Remedies To Treat Dry Feet
- disorders cureBunions: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- body careTry These Home-made Foot Scrubs To Get Beautiful & Soft Feet
- prenatal14 Home Remedies For Swollen Feet During Pregnancy
- kidsHow To Deal With In-Toeing And Out-Toeing In Children
- body careSwollen Feet? Try This Fabulous Aloe Vera Foot Soak!