- 2 hrs ago What Are The Reasons Behind Your Frequent Headaches?
- 9 hrs ago How To Contour Nose: Step-By-Step Tutorial For Beginners
- 11 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Perfect Ethnic Outfits For The Special Occasion From B-Town Divas’ Wardrobe
- 12 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Jewellery Goals From Leading Actresses For Stay-at-Home Independence Day
- Sports India batsman Suresh Raina joins MS Dhoni in retirement
- Movies Sadak 2 Song Tum Se Hi Starring Alia Bhatt & Aditya Roy Kapur Is A Love Ballad Full Of Passion
- News MHA's 'Utrkrishta Seva Padak' for Noida police chief Alok Singh
- Finance 9 Simple Measures To Fix Error In Your Income Tax Return
- Automobiles Kevin Raahul Enters Asia Book Of Records After Identifying 150 Car Logos In One Minute
- Travel Indians Visiting Nepal Will Now Have To Show Their ID cards
- Technology NVIDIA GeForce Special Event Announced; What To Expect?
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
Though sugar is bad for your health, sugarcane juice can offer some health benefits. That is why Indians love to sip sugarcane juice several times on a hot sunny day.
Sugarcane comes with a natural sugar known as sucrose which can be absorbed fast by the body. Most of the sugarcane juice sellers also add a lemon slice to it. This will enhance taste as well as offer vitamin C.
Also Read: What Happens When You Eat Banana Stem?
Some vendors also offer flavors like ginger, pepper, salt, mint or even 'chat masala'. Sugarcane juice contains no fat, but around 70 grams of sugar per glass. So, drink it in moderation.
In summer, when you tend to get dehydrated frequently, sugarcane juice can be your best friend. It can replenish the lost electrolytes. It contains manganese, iron, potassium, magnesium and calcium.
Even if you are a diabetic, you don't need to avoid sugarcane juice as its glycemic index is low. It doesn't spike blood sugar levels all of a sudden. (But consult a doctor before consuming it).
Sugarcane contains flavones which are said to prevent the growth of cancerous cells. Some studies claim that sugarcane juice can even curb the spread of breast cancer and prostate cancer.
The juice of sugarcane also contains glucose which gives you energy when you are losing out to the hot climate. If you are working out during summer, don't forget to take sugarcane juice.
Sugarcane juice also contains natural antibiotic properties. Also, it is alkaline in nature. It can soothe urinary tract infection and is also good for kidney function.
It also contains potassium and therefore is good for your digestive system. Sugarcane juice also prevents stomach infections.
Sugarcane juice can also speed up recovery in those suffering from jaundice. It can regulate bilirubin levels. It also protects the liver from damage.