- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 15 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 17 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 17 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- News Unnao rape survivor’s father demands Hyderabad like encounter for accused
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Technology Vodafone, Airtel Remove Cap On Voice Calls, Offer Free Unlimited Calling To Other Networks
- Movies KGF: Chapter 1 Emerges The Most-Viewed Indian Movie Of 2019 On Amazon Prime!
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Do you have the habit of checking your mobile phone before going to bed? I am sure majority of us do this. And then if there is something interesting on your Facebook, Instagram or even your mail, then you tend to be hooked on to the phone till late night. If you have been doing this then you should stop this immediately; it is dangerous.
Today in this article we will be explaining about how mobile phone light not just affects our eyes but it gives rise to several other health issues too and why it is bad to use mobile phone at night.
Also Read: Negative Effects Of Gadgets On Your Health
The moment you switch off the light and get to your bed at night, you tend to open your mobile phone. The blue light that the mobile phone emits is sharp during the night. It not just affects your vision but it affects the production of melatonin hormone. This is the hormone that helps one to sleep. Hence, when the sleep gets affected it gives rise to a host of related health problems.
Listed here are the reasons why we need to stop using mobile phone at night.
1. Damages The Retina:
The blue light emitted by the mobile phone, more specifically the smartphones have the shortest wavelength that flicker more. This affects the vision and over a long period of time it can even damage the retina.
2. Sleep Loss:
The blue light emitted by the mobile phones affects the production of melatonin. Melatonin is one of the hormones that helps one to sleep and regulates the sleep cycle. Regular use of mobile phone at night before going to sleep can lead to sleep loss and other health issues like depression as well.
3. Higher Risk Of Cancer:
The blue light emitted from the mobile phones affects the production of melatonin and thereby sleep. Melatonin is an important hormone also known for its antioxidant properties and helps the body to fight against cancer especially those related to breast and prostrate cancers.
4. Affects The Brain:
When your sleep gets affected, when you are exposed to too much of light emitted by the mobile phone, this further affects one's brain as well as the memory power too. When a person is deprived of sleep it affects the body metabolism and the blood flow in the brain gets affected.
5. Eye Strain:
When it is dark and you have that blue light from the mobile phone directly hitting the eyes, it causes eye strain and pain. When this is continued for long, it can permanently damage the vision as well.