Being on antibiotics means you need to pay an extra amount of attention to your body. This is because your body is trying to fight an infection and also the medication can take a toll on your health.
Antibiotics can kill the bacteria in the body. But these antibiotics cannot tell the difference between the bad bacteria and the good ones that live in the gut, mouth and vagina.
People who take antibiotics must realize that they are mass killing their microbiome.
There are certain essential methods by which you can change your diet and lifestyle in order to keep yourself healthy over the course of antibiotics.
Below are a few important pointers to note on what to eat and avoid when on the course of antibiotic medicines, have a look.
1. Avoid Allergens And Sugars:
Gluten, dairy products and sugar are a must-avoid food when on antibiotics. These are all common allergens. Avoiding these will help prevent inflammation or potential diseases. This will give you an idea of what foods to avoid while taking antibiotics.
2. Eat More Prebiotic Foods:
You need to eat healthy foods when you're taking antibiotics, especially prebiotics. You need to go for foods like yogurt, kefir, miso soup, kimchi, kombucha and sauerkraut. This will let you know what foods to eat while taking antibiotics.
3. Time Your Prebiotics Right:
Most of the antibiotics require you to take pills from one to four times a day along with your food. Antibiotics can kill the bacteria, hence it is recommended not to have your prebiotics at the same time.
4. Watch Your Stress Levels:
Being sick is stressful. But antibiotics can make your stress levels turn worse. Stress can prevent the re-population of the gut microbiome. So, you have to cut out habits that raise the cortisol levels like smoking, alcohol, consumption of allergic foods, etc.
- What Foods Should You Eat After Taking Antibiotics?
- 9 Ways On How To Prevent Childhood Cancer (International Childhood Cancer Day)
- 11 Types Of Allergies In Humans That You Should Know About
- Swap Antibiotics With These Home Remedies to Treat Cold & Flu
- Reasons Why You Get Yeast Infections Over And Over Again
- WHO Warns: World Running Out Of Antibiotics, What Next?
- Antibiotics Pose Environmental Risks, Says Study
- Don’t Overuse Antibiotics In Pregnancy!
- Common Kitchen Ingredients That Can Work As Powerful Antibiotics!
- Home Remedies To Treat Bacterial Infection Naturally Without Antibiotics
- Do Antibiotics Increase The Risk Of Miscarriage?
- One More Reason Why You Should Stay Away From Air Pollution