- 18 min ago Chandi Homa: Know Why It Is Done, The Benefits, Best Muhurta, Eligibility, And Homa Venue
- 39 min ago Empowering Women In Transport Sector: India Gets Its First All Women Bus Depot In Delhi
- 3 hrs ago What Are Smart Beds? Can It Improve Your Sleep? Price And Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Astrological, Vaastu, And Mantra Remedies For Nightmares
- Sports Hockey World Cup 2023: Defending champions Belgium to face Germany in final
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Netizens Unhappy With Nimrit Kaur Ahluwalia's 'Dhoyegi Sare Bartan' Remark For Priyanka
- News Kangana slams comedian who mocked PM Modi over 'Pathaan' success
- Finance Penny Stock Under Rs 35 To Consider Stock Split, Shares Soar Over 2100% In 5 Years
- Technology Poco X5 Pro 5G Global Variant Listing Indicates A Rebranded Redmi Note 12 Series Smartphone
- Travel Tata, Infosys Showing Interest In Monument Mitra Scheme, Know What It Is
- Automobiles 2023 BMW X1 & iX1 India Launch Tomorrow – Here’s Everything You Should Know
- Education Professional Students' Summit-2023 to be held in Kerala
Some of our ingrained bad habits can turn out to be nasty for our health. It can affect our energy levels to digestion to even our hormonal balance.
Digestion is one factor that impacts every aspect of our health. So, it is very crucial that we address this first.
When our digestion is off beat, our body cannot absorb the nutrients properly. We feel tired and sluggish, which is why we cannot get most of it from our day.
But trying to make a massive change to our diet will only make things more daunting and difficult.
Though there are many things that can impact our digestion, what we do immediately after a meal can have a say on how the food is processed.
There are certain habits that you must quit doing after having a meal or snack. In this article, we have listed some of the things you should never do after eating a meal.
Read further to know more.
1. Sleeping Right After A Meal:
Eating a late-night dinner and hitting the bed right away is something that all us love to do. But turns out that this could be the worst thing you could be doing to yourself. Sleeping within an hour after eating was found to be very dangerous, with people suffering from a stroke, as per a study. Factors like blood sugar, cholesterol and blood flow after a meal can contribute to an increased risk.
2. Drinking Tea Immediately After Eating:
Beverages like tea can inhibit the absorption of iron. This is due to the large amounts of polyphenolic compounds in them. Iron deficiency can lead to anaemia and other problems in the body.
3. Working Out Immediately After Eating:
More than the dangers of developing a stitch or a cramp, exercising right after eating can affect both the quality of your workout and the quality of your digestion. This is one of the things to avoid right after eating.
4. Smoking After A Meal:
Having a cigarette after a meal can take away most of the nutrition. It also affects the absorption and use of many important vitamins and minerals. This is one of the things you should never do after eating.
If you shower right after a meal, your body adjusts the blood flow to reach your skin more quickly to compensate for the change in temperature. This means there will be less blood available to digest your food.
6. Eating Fruits:
Fruits require different enzymes to digest, hence it is best to eat fruits on an empty stomach. If you eat it right after a meal, you won't be able to digest it properly. This is one of the things not to do immediately after eating a meal.
- diet fitnessWorld Health Day: Getting Healthy The Easy Way
- wellnessEveryday Habits That Are Harming Your Body
- skin care10 Habits Of People With Beautiful Skin
- love and romance10 Habits Of A Long-lasting Couple You Need In Your Love Life
- faith mysticism8 Inauspicious Practices That Might Lead To Poverty
- wellness7 Metabolism-boosting Habits You Should Start Today!
- lifeUnusual Habits Of Famous People
- wellnessWorld Environment Day 2018: 8 Easy Eco-friendly Habits
- diet fitnessAthletes Should Avoid These Foods From Their Diet
- wellness8 Common Hygiene Habits Which Can Be Dangerous To Your Health!
- nutritionHow To Make Bones Stronger Naturally
- wellnessInternational Women's Day 2021: 10 Healthy Habits For Women