- 3 hrs ago 12 Types Of Roommates That One May Come Across And How To Deal With Them
- 9 hrs ago People With Lung Cancer Have A High Risk Of Depression
- 9 hrs ago Pati Patni Aur Woh Actress Bhumi Pednekar Raises Mercury Levels With Her Eclectic Fashion!
- 10 hrs ago Gita Jayanti 2019: Know The History, Date And Significance Of This Day
- News Amid violence Jharkhand Assembly polls 2nd phase ended with 63.36% voters turnout
- Movies Aamir Khan Is Unrecognisable In His New Look From The Sets Of Laal Singh Chaddha
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Technology OnePlus Exporting 5G Smartphones From India: Report
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Lately, whether you go to milkshake shops, cafes or restaurants, there is always a drink or a dish made from avocados, right?
Especially among the fitness and health conscious folks, avocado has becomes extremely popular owing to the fact that it is rich in a number of nutrients and comes with many health benefits!
Avocado, also popularly known as butter fruit in tropical countries like India, is also a top favourite fruit among vegetarians and vegans.
Avocado milkshakes, avocado salads, avocado sandwiches - you name it; this fruit has become so popular that a whole variety of drinks and dishes are being prepared from it.
Now, the reason avocado became so popular a few years ago is that a number of research studies found that the nutritional makeup for this fruit made it a superfood which could make people extremely healthy!
As we may already know, avocados are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are healthy fats which are very much necessary to maintain good health!
Along with omega-3 fatty acids, avocados also contain antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B6, potassium and fibre.
So, with all those rich nutrients present in a single fruit, one can only imagine how many health benefits they come with.
Some of the most common health benefits of avocado are, boosting immunity, improving metabolism to promote weight loss, muscle recovery, boosting bone health.
Prevention of heart diseases, improving digestion, treating depression, improving the health of pregnant women, detoxifying the body and many more!
Now, just like too much of anything is bad, even consuming too much avocado can also have certain health hazard is what a few new research studies opine.
Learn how consuming excess avocados can be harmful for health, in this article.
Health Complications Of Consuming Excess Avocados
Now, we may already know that consuming a spoonful of ghee on a regular basis is good for health, however, what happens if you consuming excess amounts of ghee every single day?
It could lead to weight gain and related problems, even though it contains good fats, right?
Well, even when it comes to avocados, the same principle applies, because, too much of even good things can be bad at times!
We learnt earlier that avocados contain omega-3 fatty acids which are good, healthy fats necessary for the body, however, at the end of the day, healthy fats are also fats and when consumed in the excess they can lead to obesity.
So, if a person consumed more than 2 or 3 avocados on a daily basis, there are chances of him/her gaining weight and developing obesity and related ailments such as high cholesterol, heart ailments, joint pain, etc.
Another health risk of consuming avocados in the excess is nutritional deficiencies.
Many people who love avocados for their great taste or health benefits tend to consume mostly avocado based dishes many times a day and ignore other staple dishes, triggering nutritional deficiencies!
Although, avocado contains a number of healthy nutrients, there are certain major ingredients like proteins, carbohydrates, etc., missing in it, so consuming mainly avocados can result in nutritional deficiencies.
Also, a few cases have been reported where people have developed allergic reactions, such as nasal stiffness, coughing, wheezing, etc., upon consuming excess avocados.
If you notice that happening, then you must get a medical opinion and also limit your consuming of avocados.
So, in conclusion, consuming excess avocados can have a few health hazards and they must be consumed within limits.