Your periods are a part of your life and all of us are well accustomed to it by now. We also know what is normal flow and when it isn't normal any more.
Many women have some kind of variation with their periods and all of us are most certainly aware when something is not right there.
Your periods can tell a lot about your health. Periods are a good indicator of gynaecological health. If something is wrong down there, it is most likely that your periods will be affected.
It is considered better if you let your doctor know is something is not right there.
Here we have listed some of the period symptoms that can signal some health problems. Read further to find out.
1. You're Regularly Passing Large Blood Clots:
Having blood clotd during periods is normal. But having consistently large blood clots could be a sign of uterine fibroids, non-cancerous growth that can develop in the uterus.
2. You Bleed Heavily:
Bleeding very heavily could be an indication that you have polyps in your uterus or utrine fibroids. If you experience shortness of breath and dizziness with heavy bleeding, then you need to see a doctor.
3. Your Periods Last Longer Than Seven Days:
There are many things that can make this happen including stress. A longer than normal period maybe due to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and uterine polyps.
4. Your Cycle Is Less Than 20 Days:
If you suddenly have short cycles, then it could be sign of ovulatory dysfunction or a thyroid disorder. It could also indicate PCOS or uterine polyps.
5. You Missed A Period But Aren't Pregnant Or Breastfeeding:
If you have been under a lot of stress or undergoing some high intensity exercise, then it can cause you to miss a period. Thyroid issues can also make your periods stop. But it you keep missing periods, then you must get it checked. It can also be a sign of hormonal imbalance.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Motorola One Power Review — A Decent Mid-Tier Smartphone
- Kerala's Beachside Of Vatakara Is Simply Mesmerising
- Are You A Foodie? — If Yes, Check Out The Oldest Food Items Eaten Around The World
- Lata Mangeshkar On #MeToo —
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- West Indies Coach Stuart Law Suspended For Two ODIs Against India
- BNP Recruitment 2018 For 86 Vacancies