The gut comes in contact with the important nutrients in the body. But it also comes in contact with toxins, food additives, microbes and drugs that regularly pass through the digestive tract.
Your gut is responsible for taking care of keeping off the various substances that your body might get exposed to. Your gut also helps in digesting food and in absorbing nutrients.
Further, it helps in maintaining an immune barrier and helps you detoxify. It also helps in maintaining the correct balance of healthy flora and probiotics.
Things like diet and lifestyle factors can affect your gut from functioning properly. Factors like food, stress, sleep, antibiotics and toxins can sabotage your gut health.
There are some principles that you can make use of to lay a solid foundation for a healthy gut.
Bacteria in the gut is not a bad thing after all, as the gut uses good bacteria to process food into energy. Proper digestion is essential for your health and probiotics are necessary for the gut.
When the bacteria goes out of balance, then it can lead to problems like gas, bloating, diarrhoea, constipation, abdominal pain and cramping.
In this article, we have mentioned to you some of the top tips for gut health that you need to know about. Read further to know how to improve your gut health naturally.
1. Go For A Gut-supporting Diet:
Focus on foods that are easy to digest, low in fructose and other sugars and also those foods that do not have gluten, dairy, soy and corn to be able to digest such foods better and improve gut health.
2. Focus On Fibre:
Soluble fibre attracts water and forms a gel-like substance during digestion. This helps you feel full for longer and also slows the rate at which the sugar from food enters the bloodstream.
3. Support The Good Bacteria:
The bacteria in the stomach play an important role in promoting intestinal health. In order to maintain a healthy balance, you need to eat fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, etc., that boost gut health.
4. Feed Your Gut Flora:
The prebiotic flora feed on the non-digestible fibre called prebiotics, which promotes the growth of beneficial flora. Incorporate more of prebiotic-rich foods into your diet like dandelions, artichoke, etc. It is one of the best tips for gut health.
5. Take Care Of Inflammation:
Chronic inflammation does not favour the gut in anyway. Inflammation can contribute to a leaky gut. For this purpose, include more omega-3-rich foods into your diet. This is one of the best healthy gut diet plans.
6. Consider Digestive Enzymes:
If you experience post-meal gas, bloating and other related problems, then you might not be having enough digestive enzymes. Supplements that replenish the digestive enzymes will help eliminate this problem.
7. Be Mindful While Eating:
Slow down your eating speed, chew your food thoroughly and keep off from gadgets while you eat. Do not eat too fast, or swallow air during the process. This is how you can help improve your gut health naturally.
- 8 Telling Signs You Have An STD
- Stephen Hawking Dies Of Motor Neuron Disease; What Is Motor Neuron Disease?
- Do You Have These 9 Silent Signs Of A Slow Metabolism?
- 10 Myths And Truths About Chocolate You Should Know
- 10 Foods That Kill Your Sex Drive
- 10 Signs You Have Undiagnosed Diabetes
- Myths Busted! Eggs, Coconut Oil, And More
- 10 Health Benefits Of White Wine You Probably Didn't Know
- Food Combinations That Cause Gas
- Mental Health: 3 Keys To Emotional Hygiene
- What Alcohol Is Best If You Have Acid Reflux?
- 10 Awesome Health Benefits Of Fish Oil
- 10 Ways To Clean Up Your Diet For A Healthier Heart