- 8 hrs ago Anushka Sharma's Sequinned White Dress Is What We Want To Update Our Wardrobe With
- 8 hrs ago 5 Chic Hairstyles To Disguise Greasy Hair
- 10 hrs ago Dia Mirza Looks Radiant In Her Pink And Golden Colour-Blocked Silk Sari
- 10 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor's Ruffled Dress Will Absolutely Drive All Your Blues Away
- Movies Celebs Rave About Taapsee Pannu-Starrer Thappad; Rajkummar Rao Calls It A ‘Must Watch’
- News Delhi violence: Volunteers bring much-needed food, medicines to riot-affected
- Sports ICC T20 Rankings: Rahul remains number two batsman in T20s, Kohli static at ninth spot
- Technology HTC Wildfire R70 With Triple Rear Cameras Launched In India
- Finance Axis Bank Appoints New CFO
- Automobiles New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
If you haven't heard of the painful disorder - piles, or if you have never suffered from it before, then you may not understand how serious this ailment can be.
Haemorrhoids, also known as piles, occur when the blood vessels in your anal/rectal area get enlarged and inflamed, which may lead to pain and sometimes even bleeding.
Piles can be caused by various reasons such as constipation, digestive disorders, lifting heavy objects, irritable bowel syndrome, strain on the bowels during pregnancy, obesity, anal intercourse, etc.
Also Read: 10 Home Remedies For Piles
Piles can cause a lot of irritation and discomfort to the patient and it varies in its degree of severity.
Some of the most common symptoms of piles include bleeding, swelling, itching, infection, pain, etc, all in the rectal area. If not treated in the early stages, haemorrhoids can get worse and a permanent cure maybe difficult.
Now, without knowing certain facts about an ailment, it would be difficult for us to take certain precautions.
So, have a look at some of the facts on piles, here.
We all have haemorriods, yes, haemorroids are just the name of a group of anal tissues that support the anal canal, we only notice them when they get inflamed and cause us problems.
High blood pressure or hypertension can also cause piles, and it is not always associated with unhealthy eating. Hypertension can dilate the blood vessels even in the anal cavity and cause piles.
It is estimated that more than 60% of the global population, regardless of gender, suffer from piles. Piles is more common in people above the age of 50.
Piles has 2 types. Internal and external. External heamorroids occur right at the opening of the anal canal and internal heamorroids occur deep inside the anal canal.
Recent research studies have found that, piles maybe a painful condition, but it may not cause cancer like many people believe.
If you have suffered from piles, even once in your lifetime, there are chances that you could be affected by it again and a doctor's advice is required to prevent it.
One of the best natural remedies for piles is to infuse a lot of fibre in your diet, as fibre can prevent constipation and constipation is one of the biggest causes for piles.