- 5 hrs ago Rani Mukerji’s Top 4 Gorgeous Sarees That You Wish You Had
- 6 hrs ago World No Tobacco Day: The Effects Of Smoking On Bone Health
- 7 hrs ago Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Finest Traditional Moments Decoded Since The Beginning Of Her Career
- 14 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- Sports Misbah backs Babar Azam to succeed as captain despite concerns over pressure
- Movies Finally! Shooting To Resume In Bollywood and TV; Maharashtra Government Issues Advisory
- Technology List Of All Airtel Prepaid Packs That Comes With 84 Days Validity
- News COVID-19: India now seventh worst-hit country in world
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
For over millions of people throughout the world, starting the day with a cup of coffee could be the right choice.
This is because caffeine, which is an important ingredient in coffee, can within a short span of time excite your brain thereby providing a temporary feeling of freshness.
While this is fine for the recommended amount of dosage which is 300 to 400 mg of caffeine for healthy adults, ingesting a large amount of caffeine into the system can cause certain negative effects.
We, at boldsky, have listed out some of the many side effects of caffeine on having too much of it!
This is one of the major side effects of caffeine. Caffeine's specialty is to keep the brain agile and alert! So it is natural that this special ingredient in coke, coffee or chocolate can interfere with your sleep patterns when consumed at bedtime.
Also, a lot of consumption of caffeine during the day can cause restlessness during the night thereby causing sleeplessness. So, to counteract this effect of not having enough sleep, one might be compelled to drink more caffeinated drinks to keep themselves agile during the day!
This results in a cycle of consuming more drinks with caffeine during the day and having less sleep during the nights. This may result in less work productivity and an unhealthy lifestyle.
2. Increased Blood Pressure:
On drinking caffeinated beverages, chances are that your blood pressure levels may shoot up. Studies have indicated two reasons for this abnormal increase in blood pressure levels.
When the arteries remain constricted, it results in high blood pressure. Large amounts of caffeine may be the reason for this. It may block the hormones that cause the arteries to stay widened, thereby restricting the blood flow. Also, some researchers believe that the result of increased levels of adrenaline production from the adrenal glands may be the reason for this!
3. Increase Menstrual Problem:
Irregular periods and menstrual cramps may be one of the side effects of consuming large amounts of caffeine. Constriction of blood vessels usually results in menstrual cramps.
As caffeine is responsible for salt and fluid retention in our body, chances are that the blood vessels get constricted thereby increasing those awful cramps during the periods.
Caffeinated beverages are rich in polyphenols or more specifically CGAs, which when consumed in large amounts may lead to obesity. Though some studies indicate that its moderate consumption may lead to weight loss, having an excess dosage of this product is sure to increase your weight, thereby causing many obesity-related problems.
5. Urinary Incontinence:
Caffeine is a diuretic which decreases the water retention in our body that helps the body to get rid of fluids. This results in the frequent urge to pass urine especially for those individuals having this product in excess.
6. Increases Gout Risk:
Gout is a disease which is similar to arthritis causing inflamed joints and tendons due to the excess deposition of uric acid. Caffeine increases a person's risk to contract this disease.
As this stimulant is a diuretic, it gets rid of a lot of fluids from our system thereby not allowing the uric acid crystals to dissolve. This results in the deposition of these crystals in the joints thus causing increased gout risk.
7. Increases Diabetes Risk:
Caffeine causes detrimental effects on glucose metabolism in our system thereby increasing the risk of getting type II diabetes. Sensitivity to insulin production may decrease thus causing high levels of sugar in the blood which may, in turn, lead to diabetes.
Though moderate levels of caffeine consumption have its own advantages, its increased consumption may cause our health to deteriorate.