- 2 min ago Maharana Pratap Jayanti: 16 Lesser Known Facts About The Great Rajput King
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 25 May 2020
- 17 hrs ago What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 21 hrs ago Aishwarya Rai Bachchan At Cannes Film Festival: Best Beauty Moments Of The Actress
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- News As domestic flight ops resume, States issue SOPs for flyers
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- Finance Markets Next Week: Watch For These Factors
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Summer is sunny only if you are healthy. To stay healthy during summer, you have to take some special precautions and care.
Dehydration is one of the common problems that you will face due to the loss of fluids. This will make you tired and fatigued. It is important to keep your body cool and hydrated.
There are many foods that are recommended for summer. These include water melon, mint, cucumber, coconut water, oranges and all other fruits and vegetables that are rich in water content.
Among these, curd or dahi plays an eminent role in keeping our body cool. Do you know why curd is a must-have during summer?
Curd is a delicious and nutritious coolant. You can try different recipes with curd. The most interesting part is that even your children will love to have curd.
It is one of the richest sources of calcium and a good source of protein. It also has vitamin D, vitamin B12, zinc and phosphorus.
Avoid aerated drinks and enjoy chilled lassi or dahi which keeps you hydrated throughout summer. Read on to know why curd is a must-have during summer.
Let us go through the health benefits of curd during summer.
Curd is a rich source of probiotics. Probiotics are the live bacteria and yeasts that are very good for a healthy digestive system. The probiotics in curd will strengthen your immune system and enhance your immunity.
Curd prevents the formation and deposition of cholesterol in arteries and reduces the risk of coronary heart disease. It also manages blood pressure and promotes heart health.
Curd aids in digestion. It will be easy for your body to absorb nutrients from other foods that you have taken. It also helps in curing many stomach infections including H.pylori infection.
Summer will make you tired and fed up. Adding curd to your routine meal will make you less anxious and stressed. Curd or dahi acts as an excellent mood lifter. Just have chilled curd or dahi when you are tired and experience yourself why curd is a must-have during summer.
Substitute For Milk
If you do not like to drink milk, then curd will be the best alternative for you. It has the same calorie value of milk. It is a better alternative for those who find it hard to digest milk.
Strengthens Bones And Teeth
Curd is a rich source of vitamin C and vitamin D. It helps in strengthening your bones and teeth. Daily consumption of curd will help to prevent diseases like osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
Summer is the time when dysentery is very common. Curd is considered as a superfood for you if you are suffering from dysentery. Having a small cup of curd or dahi will give a better relief from dysentery.
To Lose Weight
Curd is low in fat and high in protein. Obesity is caused by the imbalance of cortisol. Curd can prevent cortisol formation in the body. Consuming a bowl of curd or dahi daily will help you get fit during this summer vacation.
Improves Skin Tone
Summer makes your skin dry and itchy. Curd plays an important role in enhancing your beauty by making your skin smooth and soft. Vitamin E, zinc and phosphorus present in the curd will improve your complexion.
In short, adding curd to your meal is beneficial for your health and helps to keep you cool during summer. You can make a glass of lassi, or just add some fruits to make it delicious and lip smacking.