- 51 min ago 12 Safe And Effective Tips For Diabetic Foot Care
- 1 hr ago Lyrics And Meaning Of The Mahamrityunjay Mantra In English And Sanskrit
- 1 hr ago Janhvi Kapoor Sets Internet Ablaze With Her Stunning Photoshoot In An All Black Attire
- 1 hr ago Goat Cheese: Nutrition, Health Benefits And Ways To Eat
- Automobiles Kawasaki Bikes Year-End Discounts In December 2020: Benefits Up To Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- Movies Sana Saeed On Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: It Never Felt Like ‘Oh My God, You Are Working With Shah Rukh Khan’
- Technology Vi Refarming 3G Sites In Bengaluru To Offer High Speed 4G Network
- Sports JK Tyre unveils star-studded team for the upcoming FMSCI Indian National Rally Championship 2020
- Finance SBI's YONO App Hit By System Outage
- News NASA: Mystery object is 54-year-old rocket, not asteroid
- Education A Mass Digitisation Trend To Bring Fresh Growth To Tech Spending in 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Summer is sunny only if you are healthy. To stay healthy during summer, you have to take some special precautions and care.
Dehydration is one of the common problems that you will face due to the loss of fluids. This will make you tired and fatigued. It is important to keep your body cool and hydrated.
There are many foods that are recommended for summer. These include water melon, mint, cucumber, coconut water, oranges and all other fruits and vegetables that are rich in water content.
Among these, curd or dahi plays an eminent role in keeping our body cool. Do you know why curd is a must-have during summer?
Curd is a delicious and nutritious coolant. You can try different recipes with curd. The most interesting part is that even your children will love to have curd.
It is one of the richest sources of calcium and a good source of protein. It also has vitamin D, vitamin B12, zinc and phosphorus.
Avoid aerated drinks and enjoy chilled lassi or dahi which keeps you hydrated throughout summer. Read on to know why curd is a must-have during summer.
Let us go through the health benefits of curd during summer.
Curd is a rich source of probiotics. Probiotics are the live bacteria and yeasts that are very good for a healthy digestive system. The probiotics in curd will strengthen your immune system and enhance your immunity.
Curd prevents the formation and deposition of cholesterol in arteries and reduces the risk of coronary heart disease. It also manages blood pressure and promotes heart health.
Curd aids in digestion. It will be easy for your body to absorb nutrients from other foods that you have taken. It also helps in curing many stomach infections including H.pylori infection.
Summer will make you tired and fed up. Adding curd to your routine meal will make you less anxious and stressed. Curd or dahi acts as an excellent mood lifter. Just have chilled curd or dahi when you are tired and experience yourself why curd is a must-have during summer.
Substitute For Milk
If you do not like to drink milk, then curd will be the best alternative for you. It has the same calorie value of milk. It is a better alternative for those who find it hard to digest milk.
Strengthens Bones And Teeth
Curd is a rich source of vitamin C and vitamin D. It helps in strengthening your bones and teeth. Daily consumption of curd will help to prevent diseases like osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
Summer is the time when dysentery is very common. Curd is considered as a superfood for you if you are suffering from dysentery. Having a small cup of curd or dahi will give a better relief from dysentery.
To Lose Weight
Curd is low in fat and high in protein. Obesity is caused by the imbalance of cortisol. Curd can prevent cortisol formation in the body. Consuming a bowl of curd or dahi daily will help you get fit during this summer vacation.
Improves Skin Tone
Summer makes your skin dry and itchy. Curd plays an important role in enhancing your beauty by making your skin smooth and soft. Vitamin E, zinc and phosphorus present in the curd will improve your complexion.
In short, adding curd to your meal is beneficial for your health and helps to keep you cool during summer. You can make a glass of lassi, or just add some fruits to make it delicious and lip smacking.