- 3 hrs ago What Are The Reasons Behind Your Frequent Headaches?
- 10 hrs ago How To Contour Nose: Step-By-Step Tutorial For Beginners
- 11 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Perfect Ethnic Outfits For The Special Occasion From B-Town Divas’ Wardrobe
- 12 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Jewellery Goals From Leading Actresses For Stay-at-Home Independence Day
- Movies Hina Khan Opens Up About Saying Yes To Naagin 5 And The Criticism Meted Out To The Series
- Sports Suresh Raina retires: Fans left shocked as Raina joins Dhoni
- News Pawar's censure of Parth is `family matter': Fadnavis
- Finance 9 Simple Measures To Fix Error In Your Income Tax Return
- Automobiles Kevin Raahul Enters Asia Book Of Records After Identifying 150 Car Logos In One Minute
- Travel Indians Visiting Nepal Will Now Have To Show Their ID cards
- Technology NVIDIA GeForce Special Event Announced; What To Expect?
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
Anxiety has become one of the most common mental ailments of today, thanks to the competitive lifestyle and the pressure that comes with it.
Most of us would know someone who has been suffering from depression and anxiety, and it is not a simple disorder to deal with.
Many a times, people pass off depression as "just a phase" or think that it may be mood swings and do not seek help.
When anxiety is not treated at the right time, its symptoms may worsen and lead to fatal consequences.
Anxiety is caused by the depleted production of certain brain chemicals, namely dopamine and serotonin.
The depleted production of these brain chemicals can be caused by various external factors that can make a person feel sad, low, fearful and paranoid.
The symptoms of anxiety can include unexplained fatigue, sadness, withdrawn nature, depression, hopelessness, apathy, panic attack, agitation and, in extreme cases, it can also lead to suicidal tendencies.
So, have a look at some of the common habits that make anxiety worse.
1. Over-Analysing Things
Right from going out shopping to deciding on what to buy, if you keep on over-analysing every little detail in your life, it could cause a lot of mental stress which eventually worsens your anxiety and may even lead to panic attacks.
2. Bringing Work Home
Working with diligence at your workplace is a good thing, however, bringing work home on a daily basis, checking your e-mails constantly and bringing work even to a vacation can cause a lot of stress and increase anxiety.
Wanting to spend some quality time with yourself once in a while is fine, however, complete isolation where you spend most of the time alone can lead to negative thinking and anxiety.