- 14 min ago Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, And Ananya Panday Have Ultimate Party Wear Goals For Us
- 26 min ago Try Out These Easy Hairstyles Tonight To Wake Up With Perfect Curls
- 1 hr ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Flaunt Vibrant Outfits At Harmandir Sahib
- 1 hr ago Heard About A Pill To Fake Virginity On 'The First Night'? Well, It Is True!
- News No extension for Odd even scheme for now, says Kejriwal as air quality in 'severe' category
- Movies Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar To Play Sanyogita In Akshay Kumar’s Prithviraj
- Technology Some Google Pixel 3 Users Report Auto Shutdown Issue
- Sports UFC Fight Night 164: Blachowicz vs. Jacare preview, fight card, India time and TV info
- Automobiles Royal Enfield’s DIY Basic Video Instructions For 650 Twins: Covers Starting Trouble & More
- Finance Places Where You Can Sell Gold Jewellery For Cash In India
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
You can be called a workaholic if people complain that you work too much, specially your near and dear ones, you work so much that you start having health problems, you get headaches and are exhausted and you cannot live without work to the extent that even the thought of taking a break and going on a vacation stresses you.
In a nutshell, you are addicted to work. Studies have proved that being an alcoholic can prove to be disastrous for your mental and physical health. In the long run you will end up suffering from a number of diseases. Researchers have proved that workaholics generally end up being patients of mental health.
Also Read: Self-care Tips For Workaholics
Workaholics are more likely to suffer from OCD, ADHD and depression. Primary signs of ADHD are inattention, impulsiveness and hyperactivity that generally appear in the course of many months and frequently vary, depending on the scenario.
Symptoms associated with depression are sadness, guilt, fatigue, frustration, eating disorders, sleeplessness as well as suicidal tendencies. OCD is a mental disorder characterized by obsessive thinking and compulsive behaviour and this starts interfering with the person's routine life.
People with these three kinds of symptoms react in three different ways. Workaholics who suffer from depression are more likely to find working round the clock a means of escape. On the other hand, workaholics who suffer from ADHD take charge of a lot of work impulsively and OCD sufferers are not able to handle stressful situations, so they end up working all the time.
Also Read: 10 Best Nutrition Tips For Workaholics
Workaholics suffer from burnouts, cynicism, apathy, chronic exhaustion and low resilience for minor stressors. Working round the clock has also been associated with heart diseases and an increased risk of stroke.
Hence workaholics are advised to maintain a work-life balance. Cognitive behavioural therapy and meditation are recommended by therapists. Relaxing, spending time with friends, pursuing