Mold is a type of fungus that grows in filaments and reproduces through spores. These spores or bacteria are present in the air and eventually enter our nose, triggering an allergic reaction.
Mold is found in places that are warm and damp; and the allergic reaction it causes can lead to sneezing, itching, eye irritation, congestion, etc. A prolonged mold allergy can lead to reduced immunity and lung infection.
Also Read: Healthy Substitutes Of Sugar
Symptoms of mold allergy can vary from person to person and they can be mild as well as severe. It can aggravate in certain seasons like during monsoon.
The possibility of getting affected by mold allergy can increase as a result of family history, weak immunity, living in damp conditions and places that are infested with mold.
So, how to avoid mold allergy?
Mold allergy can be avoided not only by following a hygienic and clean lifestyle, but also by eating healthy food which improves your body's immunity.
Here are 5 superfoods/nutrients consuming which will protect you against mold allergy, take a look:
1. Vitamin C: Foods rich in Vitamin C also fight mold allergy and reduce the symptoms. Besides being antihistamine, Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant that boosts the immunity and prevents allergies. Citrus fruits like lemons, oranges besides dark leafy vegetables, broccolis, tomatoes and papayas are useful in treating mold allergy.
2. Vitamin D: It is an effective therapeutic agent that treats or prevents common mold allergies that can lead to problems like asthma. Go for a walk early in the morning. The sunlight will give you enough of Vitamin D. Besides, fatty fish, egg yolks, beef liver, etc., also have this vitamin in them.
3. Garlic: This antifungal herb is a great agent that helps reduce the risk of mold allergy. It also contains quercetin, an antihistamine, which helps in reducing the severity of mold allergy symptoms. Chew two or three raw cloves of garlic daily to stay fit.
4. Ginger: Take ginger either raw or in the form of a supplement. It improves immunity and acts as an antihistamine and deals with mold allergy effectively. Take two to three cups of ginger tea regularly.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: An excellent detoxifying agent, apple cider vinegar flushes out the mold bacteria and protects us against irritants. Add one tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar to warm water and drink it regularly. You can also add some raw honey and some lemon juice.