- 2 hrs ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 5 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 5 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 6 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- Sports BCCI ACU gets access to Dandiwal, arrest had ripples in 'world of corruptors', says Singh
- Technology 18-Year-Old TikTok Creator Ends Life Following Ban; Depression Suspected
- News Brazil's President Bolsonaro tests positive for COVID-19
- Movies If Nepotism Worked, Sunny Deol’s Son Would’ve Been Like Tom Cruise: Annu Kapoor
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Several studies have pointed out that the level of cholesterol spikes up among majority of people during the winters. Cholesterol not just leads to an increase in weight, it also leads to major health problems related to the heart and liver and causes several other diseases as well.
So in this article we will be listing out 10 superfoods that help in controlling the cholesterol level, which is one of the growing menaces, especially during the winter season.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Drinking Hot Water
Also, one needs to understand that there are two types of cholesterol - one is the bad cholesterol and the other is the good cholesterol. Good cholesterol is actually good for our health but if your test shows that the bad cholesterol level is high, then one needs to be extra cautious.
There are various treatment options that are available to reduce the cholesterol level in the body. But of all the available methods there is nothing better than opting for a natural method.
Also Read: One Spice That Helps Cure Insomnia
Taking care of the foods that we eat is very important as it is the chief ingredient that affects the accumulation of cholesterol in the body.
The list of foods that help in cutting down the cholesterol level are pointed out here. Take a look.
Rich in fibre content, flaxseeds is one of the best foods that helps in controlling the cholesterol level.
Fenugreek is rich in a compound called saponin and not to forget the fibre content. The two ingredients play an important role in controlling the cholesterol level.
Oatmeal contains a lot of fibres. Foods containing fibres help in preventing the formation of bad cholesterol in the body.
Known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, garlic is one ingredient that is an excellent source for reducing the cholesterol level in the body.
Nuts contain good fats. Eating a handful of nuts, especially walnut has a very good effect in preventing the deposit of bad cholesterol.
Rich in fibres, vegetables, especially the green leafy ones like spinach and broccoli, help in preventing the formation of bad cholesterol.
7. Seasonal Fruits:
Seasonal fruits, like oranges and grapes, are good for controlling the cholesterol level. Also, having one apple a day helps.
Honey is known for its anti-oxidant properties. Having honey not just helps in controlling the cholesterol level, but also helps in burning fat.
Adding cinnamon to one's daily diet, especially during the winter season, is a must. It helps in fighting against bad cholesterol and prevents it from getting deposited in the body.
One of the important compounds found in onion, called quercetin, is known to lower the bad cholesterol level. Adding onion to your daily food or just having it raw in the form of salads, especially during the winter season helps.