- 1 hr ago Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra And Other Business Tycoons Who Came Foward To Fight Against Coronavirus
- 1 hr ago Coronavirus: Fashion Brands That Are Making Masks To Support Medical Workers
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 29 March 2020
- 15 hrs ago How To Take Care Of A Patient With Suspected Or Confirmed COVID-19
- Sports VVS Laxman's 281 among Ian Chappell's all-time great knocks against spin
- News Coronavirus death toll in India rises to 25, confirmed cases 979 now
- Technology Realme 2020 Flagships To Have Higher Refresh Rate: Report
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: 2020 Maruti Dzire, BS6 Mahindra Bolero, BS4 Deadline, & More
- Movies Vijay And Atlee To Join Hands Again For Thalapathy 66?
- Finance RBI ‘s EMI Moratorium: Higher Interest If You Opt For EMI Break
- Travel 10 Best Family Friendly Destinations To Visit In April In India
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Summer causes dehydration and exhaustion. Not just that, it reduces the appetite too. Thus, there is definitely a need to take precautions to beat the heat of the sun and other discomforts caused by the sun.
Following a few healthy tips can prevent us from falling a victim to the extreme heat condition. Keeping our body hydrated is a major tip that we have to follow during the summer season.
The best way to beat the summer heat is by following a healthy diet. There are a list of foods to avoid and consume during this season. It is better to avoid hot foods and beverages during this season.
Avoiding foods that cause body heat like honey could also be helpful. And you could also include more of fresh fruit juices and tender coconut water to be consumed on a daily basis in summer.
One should consume a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, as they contribute to a healthy well-being. Likewise, there are a few precautions one must take to beat the scorching heat.
Therefore, in this article, we at Boldsky will be listing out some of the health tips to follow in summer. Read on to know more about it.
Increase Water Intake
Summer causes dehydration. It leads to excessive sweating that causes loss of fluids in the body. Thus, drinking lots of water keeps us hydrated. Drinking water regulates the body temperature and keeps dehydration at bay.
Caffeine and other beverages cause a lot of sugar spikes that might be harmful to our health. It also causes the formation of traces of phosphoric acid that could damage the lining of the digestive tract and affect its functions.
Refrain From Chilled Drinks
Even though the scorching heat causes an urge to drink more cold beverages, it doesn't help to ease the thirst. Instead, the cold temperature of the drink constricts the blood vessels, thereby causing more damage to the body.
Avoid Dry Fruits:
Dry fruits are healthy and nutritious. However, they generate body heat and are to be avoided during the summer season. Dry fruits can be replaced by fresh fruits in summer season.
Refrain From Hot Foods
Consuming hot foods in summer generates heat in the body. Thus, it is better to avoid foods such as spinach, hot peppers, radish, garlic and onions. Also, go easy on the intake of spice during the summer season.
Cut Down On Sugary Foods
Sugary foods also increase the body heat. Make sure to avoid honey and molasses. Consider the intake of sugar in its natural form that is found in vegetables and fruits.