- 33 min ago Goddess Chindi Temple Of Himachal Pradesh: Know About The Architechture, Legend, History And Significance
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 06 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 23 hrs ago Tribute: American Country Music Icon Loretta Lynn No More At 90
- 24 hrs ago Navratri 2022: Goddess Chamunda Shakti Peeth Of Himachal Pradesh
- News Kidnapped Sikh family, including baby, found dead in a California orchard
- Finance Spice Jet Stock Gains Above 6% In Trade: Set To Receive Rs. 10bn Govt Loan
- Sports ONE Fight Night 6: Why Stamp - Meksen mixed rules Super-Fight is so intriguing to fight fans
- Technology Infinix Zero Ultra With Curved AMOLED, 200MP Camera Launched: Specifications, Price
- Automobiles Not A Single Unit Of Toyota Hilux Was Sold In This Indian State - Here’s Why
- Education Allahabad University PG Counselling 2022: Registration begins
- Movies Laughter Challenge Comedian Parag Kansara Dies Of Heart Attack, Sunil Pal Pays Emotional Tribute
- Travel Most Interesting Facts About Kullu Dussehra
Elderly people ailing and complaining of joint pains, especially in the legs, knees and hips would have been a common sight for most of us.
These are the basic symptoms of osteoarthritis, which infact is a major problem among the elderly.
Osteoarthritis is a condition in which the hands, knees, hips and spine are affected. All of these tend to be numb, stiff and painful, making it difficult to function.
Also read: Arthritis Is A Bone Joint Disorder
Osteoarthritis is basically a joint disease caused by the wear and tear or breakdown of cartilage, the element that provides a firm support to the bones and joints.
According to Ayurveda, osteoarthritis is caused by the excess accumulation of toxic waste (ama) and lack of digestive fire power (agni).
When the food does not get digested, it tends to get accumulated in the body and in turn the toxins reach the joints, causing pain or osteoarthritis.
The Vata Dosha, which is generally related to the digestive system, needs to be checked and taken care of to do away with the pain related to osteoarthritis.
Also read: What Are The Symptoms Of Arthritis?
There are several treatment measures for osteoarthritis, but of all, Ayurveda is believed to have the best results.
It not just prevents further damage to the joints, but it also rejuvenates the cartilage that has already been damaged, following the osteoarthritis problem.
So, here are 10 commonly known Ayurvedic remedies to treat arthritis (osteoarthritis) in elderly. Have a look:
1. Sesame Oil:
Sesame oil massage helps alleviate the pain. Warm sesame oil massage is found to help reduce the vata; and this in turn reduces the stiffness and pain.
Soak a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water and leave it overnight. Early morning, on an empty stomach, drink it. This helps alleviate the pain.
Add a tincture of guggul to a teaspoon of water and then drink it about an hour before every meal. It is known to cure osteoarthritis.
Add about 2-3 teaspoons of turmeric in warm milk, mix it well and then drink it. It is very effective in bringing down the pain and inflammation in the joints.
Taking about 10 slices of ginger, boil it in about a jug of water for sometime. Keep it aside for about 10 minutes and then keep drinking this ginger tea all through the day.
Take about 2 grams of ashwagandha and then mix it with a glass of warm milk and then drink it every day. This will help alleviate the pain much better.
Garlic contains high amount of allicin which helps curb the enzymes that cause the joint degeneration.
Add about a teaspoon of triphala churnam to a glass of lukewarm water and then drink it at bedtime. This helps reduce the pain caused by osteoarthritis.
Add about half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder, one tablespoon of honey in warm water and then mix it well. After sometime, strain it and then drink it in the morning and at night to help ease the arthritis pain.
10. Deodar Tree:
The decoction of the bark and roots of the Deodar tree have been known to alleviate osteoarthritis pain, since ancient times. A dose of 30 mL of this decoction should be taken about three times in a day for better results.
- wellnessAyurvedic Home Remedies For High Cholesterol Levels
- nutritionTherapeutic Benefits Of Tulsi And Recipes
- wellnessExpert Article: Managing Digestive System Disease Naturally In Rainy Season
- wellnessWorld Hepatitis Day 2022: Expert Opinion On Ayurvedic Management Of Hepatitis
- wellnessExpert Article: Healthy Lifestyle, The Ayurveda Way – How To Wake Up And Clean Teeth
- wellnessBoost Up Research In Ayurveda, No Alternative To It In Rural India: President Kovind To Experts
- wellnessExpert Article: Healthy Lifestyle, The Ayurveda Way: Importance Of Dincharya
- wellnessHolistic Ayurveda Management Of Asthma (Expert Article)
- wellnessHealthy Lifestyle, The Ayurveda Way: Waking Up In Brahmmuhruta (Expert Article)
- wellnessIndia Soon To Introduce Special AYUSH Visa For Those Seeking Traditional Treatment In The Country: PM Modi
- wellnessIrritable Bowel Syndrome: An Ayurvedic Perspective (Expert Article)
- wellnessWhy Not To Consume Curd At Night