- 4 hrs ago Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Dress Up Like A Diva In These Yellow-Hued Ethnic Outfits
- 4 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Three: Diana Penty Looks Regal In Her Exquisite Vintage Lehenga
- 4 hrs ago Mydriasis (Dilated Pupils): Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 5 hrs ago Happy Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Messages To Share Among Your Friends And Family
- Movies Saaho First Movie Review Out: Did Prabhas Live Up To Expectations?
- Technology Jio GigaFiber Effect: BSNL Now Offers One-Year Amazon Prime Membership For Rs. 399
- Sports KPL 2019: Record-breaking K Gowtham slams 134*, picks 8/15 as Ballari Tuskers beat Shivamogga Lions
- Automobiles KTM Put Rumors To Rest By Shipping Duke 790s To Dealerships Across The Country
- News More Congress leaders agree that Modi must be judged ‘issue-wise, not person-wise'
- Finance China Announces New Tariffs On American Cars, Auto Parts
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
We all know how exercise affects our bodies in various ways. Also, we know about the health benefits that any exercise provides. But yes, some exercises also offer some benefits to the brain. For example, swimming enhances the blood circulation to the brain.
A new study claims that blood circulation is better in people who are inside water compared to those on land. This was a study that was conducted to look at the cardiovascular benefits of several activities.
This study claims that when the body is immersed in water till the chest area, the blood circulation gets enhanced to various parts like brain too.
Researchers who were studying the link between water immersion and brain activity worked along with a set of 10 people. The test subjects were first made to stand in a water tank which was emptied.
After their heart rates and other data were gathered, water was pumped inside the tank until the levels reached the chests of the subjects. Their data was once again collected and sent or analysis.
In fact, swimming can also release endorphins. It can also boost hippocampal neurogenesis. So, it promotes the growth and development of new cells in the brain.
Also, as there will be more blood supply to the brain through swimming, it could mean more nutrients and oxygen will be supplied to the brain.
Also, as swimming involves stretching, moving and breathing, it can also be a good activity that beats stress and boosts health in various ways.
So, if you are interested to keep your brain sharp and body active, swimming can be a good workout that promotes both apart from cardiovascular health too.