- 10 hrs ago Ananya Panday Turns ‘Wannabe Kendall Jenner’ As She Strikes Quirky Poses In Subtle Makeup And Top Knot Bun
- 11 hrs ago Tandav Actress Gauahar Khan Looks Resplendent In Her Velvet Suit; Perfect For Festive Events
- 11 hrs ago All The Possible Symptoms Of Low Blood Sugar Levels (Hypoglycemia)
- 11 hrs ago Giorgia Andriani Looks Like A Celestial Queen In Her Crown-Like Hairdo But Her Nail Paint Steals The Limelight
- Technology Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- News 'No time to waste': Joe Biden posts first tweet as US President
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Mangalam Kumar Wins Rs 50 Lakhs After His Father Could Not Make It To The Hot Seat!
- Sports Malinga announces retirement from franchise cricket
- Finance Should You Bet On Banking Stocks In 2021?
- Education IBPS PO Prelims Scorecard 2020 Released
- Automobiles Skoda Kushaq Teased On Website Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In January 2021
Many of us know that eating healthy can help us avoid a variety of diseases. However, did you also know that a healthy diet can improve your mental health?
Some people do feel that mental ailments like stress and depression may not be as serious as certain physiological ailments like cancer; however, without mental calmness and stability, physical health means very little!
Without a sound mental health, a person cannot function at all, even if he/she is at the peak of his/her physical health!
So, it is very crucial to ensure that you keep a constant check on your mental health and make sure that you are doing all the right things to maintain it.
Nutrition plays a key role when it comes to mental health, as good nourishment is required for a healthy brain.
If you do not get the required amount of nutrients, the brain cells weaken, inducing certain hormonal changes that may affect your mental health negatively.
So, here are a few reasons why good eating habits can improve your mental health.
1. Reduces Anger
Skipping meals or poor nutrition can cause a lot of irritability and aggression in some people, so a healthy diet can reduce anger to maintain your mental calmness!
2. Saves Money
Yes, eating healthy, home-cooked meals can help you save a lot of money and when you save money, it gives you a sense of security and confidence!
3. Prevents Mood Swings
There are certain foods like bananas, dark chocolate, nuts, fish, etc., that can be consumed if you want to reduce mood swings, as they aid the production of certain healthy hormones in your brain.
4. Treats Depression
A healthy diet, consisting of vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids, can boost the production of serotonin and dopamine in your brain to fight depression.
5. Beats Stress
No, stress and depression are not the same. So, nutritious food, taken at the right time, can keep you feeling energetic throughout the day and help avoid stress as well.
6. Improves Memory
There are numerous healthy foods like leafy greens, berries, coconut, walnuts, etc., that are known to play a key role in boosting your memory skills!
7. Induces Optimism
A research study has claimed that consuming foods that are rich in antioxidants can make you be more optimistic and we all know that is a good thing for improving our mental health!