- 13 hrs ago Expert Article: Receded Gums, Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 15 hrs ago July 2022: Numerological Predictions For This Month
- 18 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 July To 09 July 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 20 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 03 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Wimbledon: Sinner labels Alcaraz triumph one of his best after sinking Spanish star's hopes
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 Episode 2 Highlights: Erika Packard Gets Eliminated From The Rohit Shetty Show
- News Denmark: Several people shot at Copenhagen shopping mall, police say
- Education PSEB Class 10th Result 2022 : Punjab Board Likely To Declare 10th Results In First Week Of July
- Technology Week 26, 2022 Launch Roundup: OnePlus Nord 2T, Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro, Nokia G11 Plus, And More
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Himalayan Gets Two New Colour Options
- Finance Gold Rates Increase Around Rs. 1350 In India In Past 2 Days: See Why?
- Travel Some Great Tips For Mothers Traveling With Infants And Children
Surya Namaskar or sun salutation is a very versatile yoga pose. There are several benefits of doing Surya Namaskar and even celebrities swear by it. Many celebrities begin their day by doing Surya Namaskar early in the morning. Bollywood celebrities like Kareena Kapoor say that Sun Salutation is the main yoga pose that helped them lose weight. The benefits of doing Surya Namaskar everyday go much beyond just weight loss. It has some spiritual significance too.
Surya Namaskar is a yoga pose that helps you to welcome the new day by paying homage to the sun. One of the main benefits of doing Surya Namaskar daily is an increase in energy levels. Ideally, Surya Namaskar should be done outdoors while basking in the early morning sunlight. This allows you to absorb the sunlight and your melatonin levels rise. This is basically a hormone that helps to get rid of sleepiness.
The benefits of doing Surya Namaskar plainly for weight loss are also many. You can break up the Surya Namaskar into 12 different yoga poses that help you to burn calories. If you still have the question why you should do Surya Namaskar then we can give some more very valid reasons to salute the sun.
Here are some of the little known benefits of doing the Surya Namaskar every morning.
You have to do stretching before every exercise or else you can get nasty muscle pulls. Surya Namaskar serves as an excellent stretching exercise to before the more intense poses of yoga.
Apart from exercising every single muscle in your body, the Surya Namskar also helps to improve the functioning of the thyroid gland. If your thyroid gland is sluggish, you tend to pile on weight.
Posture n Balance
Surya Namaskar helps to correct posture related problems and improves the internal balance of your body. But doing the sun salutation every day you can get rid of your bad posture related aches and pains.
One of the main gripes of modern life a chronic indigestion problem. Doing the Surya Namaskar every day helps you to improve the power of your digestive system. It helps you to release trapped gases in your stomach and helps secretes more digestive enzymes.
Helps You Get Strong Bones
The Surya Namaskar has a spiritual significance and that is why it should be done facing the early morning sun. This helps you absorb Vitamin D so that calcium can be deposited on your bones.
Stress has the capacity to cramp up every single muscle in your body. While doing Surya Namaskar you have to practice deep breathing and this will help you release a lot of stress. It also calms your mind and helps you cope with anxiety on a daily basis.
Improves Bowel Movements
The forward bends that you have to do helps to prevent constipation and piles related problems. It makes your bowel movements regular.
Sleep problems are the most prevalent among young adults these days. Doing the Surya Namskar helps you relax so that you can sleep better at night.
Improves Blood Circulation
While doing the Sun Salutation you are using every single part of your body. This ensures that you improve your blood circulation helping you to be more energetic throughout the day.
Regulates Menstrual Cycles
Many young women these days suffer from irregular menstruation. Doing Surya Namaskar on a daily basis helps to regulate the menstrual cycles and also eases child birth. It certainly improves your chances of having a natural birth and balances the female hormones.
As a by-product of good blood circulation and healthy bowel movements, you also get great skin by doing the Sun Salutation regularly. Glowing skin and natural defense to wrinkles can be had by practicing this yoga pose.
Yoga is a workout for the soul as well as the body. Surya Namaskar helps balance the three main constitutions of the body; Vata, Pitta and Kapha. This gives an internal spiritual balance that rides you through all kinds of stress and improves your immunity.
- prenatal7 Best Yoga Asanas For Normal Delivery
- diabetesEffective Yoga Asanas Diabetics Should Try
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Boost Male Fertility
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: 10 Yoga Poses To Improve Digestion
- wellnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- wellnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2019: 8 Yoga Poses To Help Cure Insomnia
- wellnessNo Smoking Day 2022: 5 Yoga Asanas To Help You Quit Smoking
- wellnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2019: 7 Yoga Poses To Get Relief From Constipation
- wellness10 Yoga Poses For Faster Hair Growth
- wellness9 Yoga Poses For Healthy Glowing Skin
- wellness10 Basic Yoga Mudras & Their Health Benefits
- diet fitness12 Poses Of The Surya Namaskar