- 9 hrs ago Ananya Panday Turns ‘Wannabe Kendall Jenner’ As She Strikes Quirky Poses In Subtle Makeup And Top Knot Bun
- 10 hrs ago Tandav Actress Gauahar Khan Looks Resplendent In Her Velvet Suit; Perfect For Festive Events
- 10 hrs ago All The Possible Symptoms Of Low Blood Sugar Levels (Hypoglycemia)
- 10 hrs ago Giorgia Andriani Looks Like A Celestial Queen In Her Crown-Like Hairdo But Her Nail Paint Steals The Limelight
- News 'No time to waste': Joe Biden posts first tweet as US President
- Sports Malinga announces retirement from franchise cricket
- Technology Realme X9 Pro Likely Under Development: A New 5G Flagship?
- Movies Devoleena Bhattacharjee Makes This Revelation On Rubina Dilaik’s Pinky Finger Row
- Finance Should You Bet On Banking Stocks In 2021?
- Education IBPS PO Prelims Scorecard 2020 Released
- Automobiles Skoda Kushaq Teased On Website Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In January 2021
It is an age-old belief in India that if you drink water from a copper vessel, you stay healthy. You might have seen your grandparents drink water from a copper vessel shaped like a small pot or ‘lota'. Many people store water in copper jugs to get the benefits of drinking water from a copper vessel. But is there any scientific truth to this belief? Let us find out.
The Indian tradition of drinking water from a copper vessel is based on Ayurveda. According to the ancient science of Ayurveda, copper has the capacity to balance all three doshas in the body namely Kapha, Pitta and Vata. These bodily humours or doshas can be balanced if you go drink water that has been stored in a copper vessel.
From the scientific point of view, copper is a metal that the body requires. Besides, copper is an electrolyte that protects the water from becoming stale. So water stored in a copper vessel remains fresh for days at a stretch. The following are the various health benefits of drinking water from a copper vessel.
Copper has a sterilising effect on water. It is particularly effective against diarrhoea causing bacteria like E Coli. So having water stored in copper vessels is naturally cleansed and purified.
Regulates Thyroid Function
Copper is a trace mineral that is absolutely essential for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In most cases, copper deficiency causes thyroid related problems. Drinking water from copper vessel can help to balance out these health problems.
Cures Arthritis Pain
Copper has extremely potent anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to cure pain of the joints that is usually caused by rheumatoid arthritis.
Heals Wounds Faster
Copper helps new cells to develop and grow quickly so it helps to heal wounds easily. It also has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties that prevent the growth of infections.
Stimulates Brain Activity
The gaps between the neurons in the brain are covered with myelin sheaths for protection. Copper helps in the synthesis of lipids that come together to form these myelin sheaths. Copper also prevents convulsions or seizures.
Copper has the rare property that can help to stimulate the slow contraction and relaxation of the stomach that leads to digestion. That is why, drinking water laced with copper helps you have a healthy digestive system.
Copper helps to produce red blood cells in the body. While iron is the most important mineral required for beating anemia, copper is required in small amounts but it is irreplaceable.
Your immune system faces a special challenge during pregnancy to protect both you and your baby from any illness. Drinking water from a copper vessel during pregnancy helps to ward off infections and illnesses.
Protects Against Cancer
Copper has very effective antioxidant properties. That is why; it is a potent protection against the development of cancer cells. It helps to repair free radical damages in the body.
Slows Down Ageing Process
The antioxidant property of copper also helps to deal with fine lines, wrinkles and patchy skin. Your skin and hair get a natural boost from extra amounts of cooper.