- 3 hrs ago Jwalamukhi Yoga 2022: Dos And Don’ts That You Need To Be Aware Of
- 5 hrs ago When Lord Rama Met Shabri: Know About The Nine Levels Of Hindu Devotion
- 7 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 27 November To 03 December 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 9 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 27 November 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Finance What are the Essential Documents Required to file an ITR?
- News Without India, China holds first Indian Ocean Region meet with 19 countries
- Sports India vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI: Highlights, Post-Match Presentation as match gets washed out in Hamilton
- Movies Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 10: Not Rubina Dilaik or Faisal Shaik; THIS Contestant Will Win The Show, Claims Nikki Tamb
- Automobiles Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Technology Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
After a long day at work, all we want to do is relax. But unfortunately, relaxing doesn't come very easily to most people. Even if you want to relax, it is very difficult to get out of that stressful mode and actually relax. If you want to unwind after work, you need to follow some specific ways to relax completely.
These ways to relax are dependent on how you use them. Only if you follow the right ways to relax, will you be able to unwind after work completely. You need to break out of some bad habits in order to follow these relaxation techniques. For example, when you come home and want to unwind after work, you cannot keep answering your mobile phone. You need to switch off your mobile phone and only then will the relaxation techniques work.
Most of these ways to relax are very common. You may already know that doing these things will act like stressbusters. But the trouble is that we practice these ways to relax in a half-hearted way. That is why, our stress levels are not substantially reduced.
Here are some ways to relax after a stressful day at work.
Take A Hot Shower
A hot shower literally washes away all the stress from your body. Take a steaming hot shower followed by a cool splash to energise every cell in your body.
Change Into Comfortable Clothes
Many people keep wearing their office clothes even after they come home. Unless you slip into comfortable clothing, you will not be able to relax.
When you are working in the office, all your muscles get cramped up and stiff. Stretching your arms and legs can help you soothe your muscles.
Listen To Music
Music is a soothing balm for your mind. Listening to the music of your choice can be the best stressbuster for you.
Take A Green Walk
Staring at a screen for 10 hours in a day can really stress out your eyes. So try to walk in a place where there is a lot of greenery. The green colour of Nature helps to de-stress your eyes.
Drink Lots Of Water
When you are stressed, your body gets dehydrated. So drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.
Leave Work At Office
You need to learn to leave your work pressure at office. Don't switch on your laptop the moment you reach home. If you do that, then none of these ways to relax will help you.
Meditation is a tried and tested way to relax. When you start meditating, your mind may wander. You may feel you are not able to concentrate. However, slowly you will gain some control over your mind.
Play With Your Pet
Having a pet is a real stressbuster. When you come home from work and your pet comes running towards you, it will help you forget work pressure. Pets like fish in a tank can help your mind to focus and concentrate.
Let Silence Heal
Sometimes all you need to unwind after work is silence. You do not need to go into the wood to relax. You just need to sit in your own living room without making any noise, switching on the TV or talking to anyone.
Cook A Healthy Meal
Cooking is a surprisingly healthy way to relax. When you cook, you are using your creative skills and converting it into something productive. Honing your culinary skill is a great way to relax.
Get A Head Massage
You can ask your spouse or any family member to give you a head massage. You can also oil your hair and give yourself a relaxing head massage.
Read A Book
Reading is a very good stressbuster. For those of you who love to read, there is nothing like a good book to unwind after work.
Most of us are so busy that we forget to breathe serenely throughout the day. When you are back home, take some time to breathe deeply and slowly. When your lungs get a fresh flow of oxygen, you will feel the stress lapse away.
Switch Off Mobile Phone
Mobile phones are the biggest cause of stress in our modern lives. Some of us are nomophobic; we live under the constant fear of loosing touch with the world. Learn to take leave from the electronic world. Put your phone on silent or switch off mode once you are home.
Take A Nap
Have you ever tried taking power naps? It surely works. Nap for about 5 to 7 minutes when you get back home. You will wake up refreshed.
Don't Eat Junk
It is very easy to order a pizza after a hectic day. But you will be consumed with guilt after you have the junk food. So better stick to healthy food and be relaxed.
Spend Time With Family
Your family is all the stressbuster you need. And the best part is that they are always there for you. All you have to do is spend some quality time with family to feel better.
Pamper Yourself At A Spa
Spas are shooting up everywhere because we are incapable of relaxing ourselves. So if you cannot relax by yourself, then you should just go to a spa and get yourself pampered.
Writing To Unwind
You would be surprised to know that writing is a great way to unwind. If you maintain a diary or journal, then write in it after a stressful day. Venting out your thoughts can help you relax.
- wellnessA Multi-sectoral Action To Make Mental Health Services Accessible To Marginalised People And Communities
- wellnessActor Varun Dhawan Diagnosed With Vestibular Hypofunction: Know About The Health Condition
- skin careAthiya Shetty's Self-care Combo: Haircare, Skincare And Wellness Tricks
- wellnessAaliyah Kashyap's Morning Routine Is An Ode To Mental Wellness
- wellnessIndia’s First 4th Generation Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair Performed At Chennai's Apollo Hospitals
- wellnessBill & Melinda Gates Foundation, EIB Partner To Strengthen Health Systems And Prevent Infectious Diseases
- wellness'Heal In India': An Indian Govt Initiative To Attract More Foreign Patients
- wellnessCovid Patients At Higher Risk Of Serious Neurodegenerative Disorders: Study
- yoga spiritualityInternational Yoga Day 2022 Highlights: Yoga Is A Way Of Life, Says PM Narendra Modi
- wellnessTreating Sleep Apnoea Can Improve Memory In People With Cognitive Decline
- wellnessIs Nutraceuticals A Smart Choice For A Healthier Tomorrow?
- wellnessE-manas Platform For Mental Health Can Be Replicated Nationwide: K'taka Health Minister