- 9 hrs ago Coffee Drinkers Have 50% Less Risk Of Liver Cancer, Claims Study
- 10 hrs ago 12 Best Leg Exercises For Women To Try At Home
- 10 hrs ago Ananya Panday And Shanaya Kapoor’s Outfits Are Not Ideal For Parties But For Casual Gatherings
- 10 hrs ago 9 Traits Of November Born People That You May Not Know
- Movies Parineeti Chopra Drops Out Of Bhuj: The Pride Of India Due To Date Constraints
- News Maharashtra govt formation: Governor asks NCP to stake claim, sets 8.30 pm deadline
- Sports Hope hits a hundred as West Indies complete Afghanistan whitewash
- Technology Alleged Poco F2 Spigen Case Leaks Online: Here’s What It Looks Like
- Travel 6 Silly And Common Mistakes Passengers Make At The Airport
- Automobiles Renault Triber Top Spec RxZ Variant Gets Bigger Wheels
- Finance Why Should You Stay Away From EMI-Like Gold Schemes Run By Jewellers?
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
Heartburn is a medical condition that is caused due to gastritis. This condition is not just common among pregnant women but also among other million people. The gastric acid enters the esophagus and burns the epithelial lining thus causing an acid reflux. This causes heartburn and an uncomfortable feeling in the chest & stomach. It is often characterised by burn and pain in the stomach or chest, bloating, gastric problems, sour taste in the throat and nausea.
Heartburn is commonly caused due to the intake of some foods and beverages. For example, gastric foods and fried foods like burger, radish etc can cause heartburn. Though you can take some medications at home to cure heartburn but still consult a doctor if not cured. Heartburn can cause gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a chronic condition that is harmful for your overall health.
However, some home remedies and foods can help cure heartburn to a great extent. There are many foods that can sooth heartburn, cure gastric problems and ease digestion. Coconut water for example is a very healthy refreshing drink that soothes heartburn and also improves digestion. Foods like papaya, banana, aloe vera juice and oranges can also help cure heartburn naturally.
Calcium rich foods like dairy products especially milk can also sooth a heartburn. Eat yoghurt or drink milk with 1 teaspoon honey to get instant relief from heartburn. Apple cider vinegar is another natural remedy that cures heartburn. You can add cider vinegar in your salad to get relief from acid reflux that causes heartburn.
Here are few best foods that can help cure heartburn naturally. Have them to get instant relief.
10 Foods cure heartburn:
This calcium rich food can sooth heartburn and also improve digestion. Have raw yoghurt with sugar or prepare lassi or buttermilk with it. Drink 2-3 glasses in a day.
The fruit has papain (a proteolytic enzyme) that improves digestion. So, to digest proteins of the foods, you should have papaya an hour after lunch. Freshly cut papaya, dried papaya or papaya juice can be consumed.
The citrus fruit tastes tangy but can be a natural remedy to get relief from heartburn. Oranges contain acetic acid and ascorbic acid that cures gastric problems and also cuts acid reflux.
The fiber content in this herb makes it an effective medicine to cure heartburn naturally. Licorice prevents the re-absorption of cholesterol and prevents formation of gastric acid.
Aloe vera juice
According to many scientists, aloe vera kills Helicobacter pylori (a bacteria that promotes gastric acid). A rich source of vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C and E, aloe vera juice is a natural astringent with anti-inflammatory properties that cure heartburn.
Bananas are natural antacids that can help you get instant relief from heartburn. It also cleanses the digestive tract and cures constipation.
Apples contain phenolic phytochemicals like procyanin, quercertin, epicatechin and carbohydrates that can sooth heartburn especially in the upper abdomen.
Seafood especially fish is a rich source of taurine that reduces gastric acid.
You can consume raw milk to get instant relief from heartburn. Add a teaspoon of honey to make this calcium rich drink tasty and healthy. Raw milk has been used as a traditional remedy to sooth heartburn and stomach inflammation.
The antioxidant rich citrus fruit contains acetic acid that cures heartburn and also aids digestion. A glass of lemon juice can also help get rid of gas and bloating.