- News Five rockets hit near US embassy in Baghdad
- Sports PBL 2020: Sindhu masterclass gives Hyderabad Hunters first win
- Movies Hina Khan, Mouni Roy, Anita Hassanandani & Others Congratulate Ekta Kapoor For Padma Shri Award
- Technology Benefits Of Amazon Prime Subscription That You Probably Didn't Know
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
World AIDS Day is a special day where people around the world can unite together to spread the awareness about this dreadful disease. On this day, people try their best to support the victims of this dangerous disease and fight against it. AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) is the final stage of HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) infection.
World AIDS Day is commonly recognised with a red ribbon. Every year, 1st December is observed as World AIDS Day. You might have read, seen or heard people (including celebrities) spreading awareness about AIDS and HIV. Well, there are few simple tips to prevent this disease. On this World AIDS Day, spread these awareness and pledge for an aids-free world.
There are many myths that have captured the minds of people. Well, these myths are wrong as AIDS doesn't spread through touch or sharing stuffs. Let's take a look at what you think spread AIDS.
- Sharing clothes and bathroom can leads to AIDS
- Touching an AIDS patient
- Coughing and sneezing
- Mosquito bite
- Swimming in the same pool with an AIDS patient
- Shaking hands
- Eating foods or sharing it with an AIDS patient
AIDS do not spread through all these myths. It spreads through blood transfusion, having an unprotected sex, injecting a used needle, having too many sexual partners, mother to child transmission, etc. Well, there are ways to prevent AIDS and HIV.
Tips to prevent AIDS:
Abstaining: This is one of the best tips to prevent AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases. Abstaining from lovemaking can be the best trick to avoid any chances of infections and diseases. It is the best way to avoid any contact with the vaginal fluid, semen and pre-seminal fluid.
Using protections: To prevent AIDS and HIV infections, you have to always use a protection. Even if you get carried away with the mood, do not forget to use a condom. Although you like to make love without using it, do not avoid this prevention tip.
Having one partner: It is best to be monogamous. Have physical contact with only one partner who is also monogamous at the same time. Indulging in sex with too many partners, especially without using protection can be really dangerous.
Never share needles: Injecting a used needle can be risky. AIDS spread due to blood transfusion, so be very careful before taking a needle.
Avoid breast milk: According to US Department of Health and Human Services, breast milk can contain HIV virus, so avoid any contact of breast milk with the mucous membranes in the mouth.
Water lubricants: Many lubricants have chemicals and oil that can break the condom. So, always pick up water based lubricants.
These are few tips to prevent AIDS. Spread these tips worldwide and protect the world.