- 53 min ago Crispy Falafel Recipe: How To Make Falafel At Your Home
- 1 hr ago COVID-19: WHO Promotes Coronavirus Herbal Medicine Trials
- 1 hr ago What Is Bionic Eye? Know About World's First Bionic Eye To Fully Restore Vision In Blind People
- 2 hrs ago ICW 2020: Reynu Taandon Introduces Her Surkh Collection For Contemporary Brides And Bridesmaids
- Sports IPL 2020: MI vs KKR: Boult backs Bumrah to bounce back against Knight Riders
- Technology Realme M1 Sonic Review: Affordable Electric Toothbrush That Could Have Been Smarter
- Movies Uh Oh! Ananya Panday-Ishaan Khatter's Khaali Peeli Trailer Garners More Dislikes Than Likes!
- News Over 1 crore migrant labourers return to home states on foot during Mar-Jun: Centre
- Finance Study Suggests Govt Should Cap MDR Fees On Debit Cards At 0.6%
- Automobiles Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Mangoes are considered to be one of the most delicious and nutrient-rich fruits with a wide range of varieties, each having its own taste, aroma and benefits. Ripe mangoes, without any doubt, are liked by all age groups.
But did you know that raw or unripe mangoes too have some great health benefits? Kachchi kairi or raw mango yields as much Vitamin C as 35 apples, 18 bananas, nine lemons and three oranges, says a study .
Apart from vitamins, it also carries iron and more than 80 per cent of the daily required magnesium and calcium. Raw mangoes are better eaten uncooked as many of the nutrients like vitamin C will be lost during the cooking process .
Today, we will look at the benefits of eating raw or green mango can have on your health.
Health Benefits Of Raw/Green Mango
Here is a list of scientifically-proven health benefits of the tangy green mango. Take a look.
1. Promote Liver Health
Eating green mango is beneficial for your liver health as they helps treat liver ailments . The acids in the raw fruits increase the secretion of bile acids and clean the intestines of bacterial infections. The secretion also helps boost the absorption of fat by cleansing the toxins out of the body .
2. Prevent Acidity
Raw mango is high on antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin A and amino acids which work together to neutralise the acid in the stomach, thereby reducing acid reflux and easing acidity . Try chewing a piece of raw mango for quick relief.
3. Boost Immunity
The vitamin C and A in raw mango, along with that of the essential nutrients help improve the immune system . By consuming raw mangoes without cooking, you can avail the maximum benefits of its nutrition.
4. Manage Blood Disorders
Studies show that raw mango help manages common blood disorders such as anaemia, blood clots, haemophilia etc. Being rich in Vitamin C, green mangoes increases the elasticity of blood vessels and also helps in producing new blood cells .
5. Ease Gastrointestinal Disorders
As raw mango is rich in pectin, which is highly beneficial in treating gastrointestinal disorders . It is also an effective remedy for diarrhoea, piles, indigestion and constipation . Green mangoes are perfect for pregnant women, as they help ease morning sickness .
6. Promote Weight Loss
Raw mango is one of the best fruits to eat when you want to lose those calories. The raw fruit helps boost your metabolism thus helping you burn more calories, and are also lower in calories and contain less sugar .
7. Boost Energy
Experts state that raw mango should be consumed after a lunch meal to help revive one from afternoon drowsiness because eating raw mango gives your body an energy boost, which literally wakes you up .
8. Boost Heart Health
Green mango contains niacin, also known as vitamin B3, which help boost cardiovascular health . Niacin improves blood cholesterol levels and thereby reduces the risk of diseases like heart diseases, stroke and heart attacks.
9. Protection From Dehydration And Sun Stroke
Raw mango help reduce the effects of intense heat and prevent dehydration, as they stop excessive loss of sodium chloride and iron from the body, making it a perfect fruit for the summer season . All you have to do is to boil raw mangoes and mix it with sugar, cumin and a pinch of salt for relief. In addition, drinking raw mango juice prevents excessive loss of sodium chloride and iron due to excessive sweating .
10. May Treat Scurvy
Scurvy is a disease resulting from a lack of vitamin C, which causes bleeding gums, rashes, bruising, weakness and fatigue . As raw mangoes are rich in vitamin C, raw mango or raw mango powder may help cure the issue. Raw mangoes play a vital role in promoting dental hygiene by preventing bad breath and fight tooth decay as well .
What Are The Side Effects Of Eating Too Much Raw Mango?
Anything in excess is never good. Eating too many green mangoes can cause indigestion, dysentery, throat irritation and abdominal colic (abdominal pain characterised by sudden onset and cessation) .
Not more than one green mango should be consumed daily and do not drink cold water immediately after eating the green mangoes as it can thicken the sap and cause further irritation .
Healthy Raw Mango Recipes
1. Raw Mango Drink (Aam Panna)
- Raw mango - 2
- Sugar - ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Saffron strands - ¼ teaspoon
- Water - 5 cups
- Dice the mangoes and mix well with sugar and water.
- Boil the mango till it becomes soft.
- Cool it and blend in a mixer.
- Mix cardamom powder and saffron strands and stir on low flame.
- Chill and serve.
2. Green Mango Salad (Kacche Aam Ka Salad)
- Raw mango- ½ cup, juliennes
- Carrot - ½ cup, thinly sliced
- Cucumber - ½ cup cubes
- Tomato - ½ cup, diced
- Peanuts - ¼ cup, roasted
- Jeera powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- Mix the mango, cucumber, carrot, tomato and peanuts.
- Add the jeera powder and salt.
- Mix well, add the mint leaves and serve.