- 33 min ago On Virat Kohli And Anushka Sharma's Anniversary, Their Wedding Wardrobe Decoded
- 1 hr ago Angad Bedi and Neha Dhupia's Outfits Remind Us Of Raj-Simran From Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- 2 hrs ago You Need To Try These 11 Amazing Ways To Use Turmeric To Get Rid Of Pimples Right Now!
- 2 hrs ago 8 Essential Ways To Strengthen Your Heart
- Technology Reasons That Made Apple AirPods 'Product Of The Decade' Over iPhones
- News Newborn boy found dumped near drain, hospitalised in Thane
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Issue Opens On Dec 12: Should You Invest?
- Movies Viral Bollywood Photos Of 2019: From Bollywood's Selfie Moment With PM Modi To Taimur's Yoga Picture
- Sports Bayern's Lewandowski targets Ronaldo's record - Champions League in Opta numbers
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Though most of us don't need to deeply research about certain compounds present in foods, it helps if you at least know about their names.
Flavonoid is nothing but a polyphenolic compound. It is found in plant-based foods. Eating foods rich in flavonoids is said to be very good for your health.
Are you wondering how? Then read on to know about the benefits of this compound.
They reduce inflammation. Foods like apples, chocolate, beans, berries, onions, cocoa, broccoli and brussels sprouts contain flavonols which minimise inflammation.
Flavonoids can inhibit the growth of certain cancers. In fact, onions are said to contain some compounds which can prevent colon cancer and liver cancer too. So, basically you would want flavonoids for their anti-cancer nature. Green tea, eggplants, plums, blue berries, apricots and broccoli.
Malvidin, pelargondin, peoidin and cyanidin (types of flavonoids) are present in plums, berries and grapes. They can even prevent obesity as well as diabetes.
Anti-oxidants protect your body against free radical damage. The damage done to the body due to pollution, stress and smoke may cause cancer in the long run. Papaya, bell peppers, grapes, berries and green tea contain anti-oxidants.
Even your heart needs flavonols as they reduce BP and bad cholesterol. Cocoa, apples and onions contains flavonols.
Flavonoids are good for your bones too. They help in preserving bone mass.
Flavonoids are good for your nerve cells too. In fact, people suffering from Alzheimer's are said to recover faster when they are kept on diet rich in flavonoids.