Tapioca is a derivative of cassava plant. The roots of the plant are mainly used for edible purposes. Tapioca offers certain health benefits too.
Tapioca is also gluten-free; so people who are gluten intolerant can try it out. Tapioca contains selenium, copper, calcium, manganese and iron, vitamin B6, folate and panthothenic acid. Now, let us discuss how tapioca benefits your health.
Also Read: Healthy Ways Of Eating Sabudana
Caution: Tapioca may have toxic side effects when prepared or consumed in incorrect ways. So, ensure that you buy it from reputed sources. Also, never try to process cassava on your own.
It offers lots of fibre. Your digestive system works efficiently when you consume enough of dietary fibre. Regular consumption of tapioca can prevent constipation, intestinal pain, bloating and even colo-rectal cancer.
Tapioca contains iron. Your body needs iron to produce new blood cells. So, eating tapioca regularly can prevent anemia and can also boost healthy circulation.
Tapioca also contains folic acid and B complex vitamins. If you are taking vitamin supplements, try tapioca after consulting your doctor.
The potassium present in tapioca helps in reducing stress on blood vessels and arteries. Also, potassium plays a role in fluid balance.
Also Read: 6 Health Benefits Of Sabudana
Healthy Weight Gain
If you are underweight, then tapioca can help you gain healthy weight. It is rich in carbs. Even a cup of it can offer almost half of your daily carb requirement. Also, as it doesn't contain saturated fat and cholesterol you can have it without worrying.
Tapioca is good for your bone health too. It contains iron, calcium and vitamin K. It can prevent conditions like osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
Tapioca also contains protein. If you are looking for plant-based protein tapioca is a good choice.
- Bits Of These Fruit and Veggies Are Actually Good For You!
- 7 Amazing Health Benefits of Camel Milk
- Benefits Of Eating Papaya Daily
- Did You Know About These Amazing Benefits Of Strawberries?
- Here Are 5 Ways To Make Your Child Eat Healthy, Say Experts
- 25 Amazing Skin, Hair, And Health Benefits Of Sapota
- 14 Ways In Which Macadamia Nuts Benefit Your Health
- Did You Know These Nutrition Facts Of Rice?
- World Milk Day 2018: Which Milk Is Healthier For You?
- 10 Health Benefits Of Asparagus
- Sweet Potatoes Vs White Potatoes: Which Is Better?
- Breastfeeding Diet And Nutrition