Tapioca is a derivative of cassava plant. The roots of the plant are mainly used for edible purposes. Tapioca offers certain health benefits too.
Tapioca is also gluten-free; so people who are gluten intolerant can try it out. Tapioca contains selenium, copper, calcium, manganese and iron, vitamin B6, folate and panthothenic acid. Now, let us discuss how tapioca benefits your health.
Also Read: Healthy Ways Of Eating Sabudana
Caution: Tapioca may have toxic side effects when prepared or consumed in incorrect ways. So, ensure that you buy it from reputed sources. Also, never try to process cassava on your own.
It offers lots of fibre. Your digestive system works efficiently when you consume enough of dietary fibre. Regular consumption of tapioca can prevent constipation, intestinal pain, bloating and even colo-rectal cancer.
Tapioca contains iron. Your body needs iron to produce new blood cells. So, eating tapioca regularly can prevent anemia and can also boost healthy circulation.
Tapioca also contains folic acid and B complex vitamins. If you are taking vitamin supplements, try tapioca after consulting your doctor.
The potassium present in tapioca helps in reducing stress on blood vessels and arteries. Also, potassium plays a role in fluid balance.
Also Read: 6 Health Benefits Of Sabudana
Healthy Weight Gain
If you are underweight, then tapioca can help you gain healthy weight. It is rich in carbs. Even a cup of it can offer almost half of your daily carb requirement. Also, as it doesn't contain saturated fat and cholesterol you can have it without worrying.
Tapioca is good for your bone health too. It contains iron, calcium and vitamin K. It can prevent conditions like osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
Tapioca also contains protein. If you are looking for plant-based protein tapioca is a good choice.
- 10 Nutritional Health Benefits Of Blackcurrants
- 10 Foods That Kill Your Sex Drive
- Myths Busted! Eggs, Coconut Oil, And More
- Food Combinations That Cause Gas
- 10 Nutrition Facts Of Homemade Almond Milk
- Reduce Gastritis + 6 Other Health Benefits Of Parsley
- These 13 Health Benefits Of Quinoa Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Wild Rice
- Belly Fat Woes? Try These Foods That Instantly Burn Belly Fat
- This Is What Happens When You Don’t Eat Enough Calories
- What To Eat At Work For Lunch? 9 Simple Tips And Ideas
- 13 Unexpected Things You Can Overdose On
- 17 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Weight Loss Goals