- 26 min ago No Shave November Special: Benefits Of Beard Growth Serum And How To Apply It
- 35 min ago All Hell Breaks Loose When Indian Parents Find About Dating, 6 Tips To Guide Your Children
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 22 November 2019
- 16 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Gives Us Cues On How To Notch Up Our Travel Wardrobe
- Sports Bangladesh PM arrives in Kolkata to attend Day/Night Test match
- Movies Broken But Beautiful Actor Vikrant Massey & Sheetal Thakur Had Secret Roka; To Get Engaged Soon
- Technology ISRO Postpones Launch Of Cartosat-3 Satellite To November 27
- Finance Bengaluru, Delhi, Mumbai Among Cities On New Global Prosperity Index
- News Writer Atish Ali Taseer who lost OCI card moves Supreme Court
- Automobiles Tata Motors Announces Mega Service Camp: Offers Vehicle Health Checks, Discounts & More
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Tapioca is a derivative of cassava plant. The roots of the plant are mainly used for edible purposes. Tapioca offers certain health benefits too.
Tapioca is also gluten-free; so people who are gluten intolerant can try it out. Tapioca contains selenium, copper, calcium, manganese and iron, vitamin B6, folate and panthothenic acid. Now, let us discuss how tapioca benefits your health.
Caution: Tapioca may have toxic side effects when prepared or consumed in incorrect ways. So, ensure that you buy it from reputed sources. Also, never try to process cassava on your own.
It offers lots of fibre. Your digestive system works efficiently when you consume enough of dietary fibre. Regular consumption of tapioca can prevent constipation, intestinal pain, bloating and even colo-rectal cancer.
Tapioca contains iron. Your body needs iron to produce new blood cells. So, eating tapioca regularly can prevent anemia and can also boost healthy circulation.
Tapioca also contains folic acid and B complex vitamins. If you are taking vitamin supplements, try tapioca after consulting your doctor.
The potassium present in tapioca helps in reducing stress on blood vessels and arteries. Also, potassium plays a role in fluid balance.
Healthy Weight Gain
If you are underweight, then tapioca can help you gain healthy weight. It is rich in carbs. Even a cup of it can offer almost half of your daily carb requirement. Also, as it doesn't contain saturated fat and cholesterol you can have it without worrying.
Tapioca is good for your bone health too. It contains iron, calcium and vitamin K. It can prevent conditions like osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
Tapioca also contains protein. If you are looking for plant-based protein tapioca is a good choice.