- 13 hrs ago What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 17 hrs ago Aishwarya Rai Bachchan At Cannes Film Festival: Best Beauty Moments Of The Actress
- 18 hrs ago Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Alia Bhatt And Other Divas’ Light Sharara Suits For Festival Celebration At Home
- 20 hrs ago 5 Reasons Why Arguing With Your Wife Can Be A Bad Decision
- Movies Vijay Sethupathi-Nayanthara-Samantha's Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaadhal To Start Rolling In August?
- News As domestic flight ops resume, States issue SOPs for flyers
- Technology Reliance Jio Discontinues Rs. 98, Rs. 1,299 And Some Add-On Packs
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- Finance Markets Next Week: Watch For These Factors
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
It is a universally known fact that millions of people across the globe are suffering from thyroid-related problems.
The proper functioning of the thyroid is highly imperative, as it known to regulate metabolism and hormone production.
Located on the front side of the neck, thyroid glands are mainly responsible for releasing the thyroid hormones into your blood. Thus, it is crucial for this gland to function efficiently for the overall health and well-being of an individual.
But, various factors like sedentary lifestyle, an unbalanced diet, etc, can adversely affect the health of the thyroid glands and malfunctioning of the thyroid glands can cause serious health-related issues.
Also Read: Home Remedies To Keep Thyroid Disease At Bay
In severe cases, it could cause either hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism. In fact, these disorders have become more and more prevalent.
And that is why, today at Boldsky, we're letting you know about some of the top foods that you should include in your diet to promote the health of the thyroid glands.
These foods are replete with essential nutrients, vitamins and other thyroid-boosting compounds that keep the glands healthy and free from diseases.
Also Read: Is Your Thyroid Under Active?
Take a look at them.
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a rich source of fatty acids that can play a key role in making the functioning of the thyroids more efficient. Moreover, this oil is great for strengthening the immune system and improving the metabolic function.
Eggs are a great source of essential nutrients, proteins and vitamins that are required for an individual's health and well-being. But, very few people know that eggs also contain a great amount of thyroid-supporting compounds that contribute to its overall functionality, keeping it healthy.
Beans are replete with zinc, proteins and all the other essential nutrients and vitamins. All these compounds maintain the proper functioning of the thyroid. Include them in your diet and keep your thyroids healthy and in a good condition.
4. Unrefined Salt
Replace your regular salt with unrefined salt to be able to reap its many health benefits. One of them being it keeps your thyroids functioning in the most efficient way possible, as iodine is one of the main compounds that the thyroid glands use.
In fact, it is also known to promote the overall adrenal function.
Note: If you've been suffering from a health issue, then do consult your dietitian before making any changes to your daily diet.