- 49 min ago Why Bats Themselves Don’t Get Infected By Viruses?
- 1 hr ago Yoga During Lockdown: 15 Yoga Poses To Combat Stress And Anxiety
- 1 hr ago 10 Tips To Make Trimming Your Eyebrows At Home Less Painful When You Cannot Visit The Parlour
- 2 hrs ago Risks Associated With Too Much Use Of Hand Sanitiser
- Sports La Liga urges Spanish clubs to furlough staff to 'guarantee recovery'
- Movies COVID-19: Ramesh Aravind On Shivaji Surathkal Sequel: ‘All Of The Writing Is Happening Online'
- News COVID-19: Curfew-like 48-hour total shutdown in Bhubaneswar, Bhadrak and Cuttack
- Technology Asus ROG Laptops With Dual Display, GeForce RTX 2080 Launched
- Automobiles Kia Sonet Interiors Spied With Flat Bottom Steering Wheel Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
- Finance COVID-19: Beware Of Fake UPI IDs While Donating To PM-CARES Fund
- Education ETS Offers At-Home Solutions For TOEFL And GRE Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
There are several reasons why they call milk a complete food. It contains many nutrients that we require. Milk is something that is produced by mammals to feed the young. Maybe that is why milk contains most of the essential nutrients.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Asparagus
Some people are lactose intolerant. Some people may be allergic to milk. It is advisable to stay away from milk and other dairy products in such a case. Also, consulting a doctor is important in order to know about other alternatives that provide the nutrients that milk provides.
Trying almond milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, rice milk, soy milk or cashew milk may help, but again, your doctor is the right person to advise if you are suffering from food intolerance or allergy.
Also Read: How To Nourish Your Mind, Body And Soul
Milk has the capacity to enhance certain functions of your body and it can also prevent certain diseases. Now let us discuss about several reasons to drink milk.
It Hydrates You
Milk is predominantly water and therefore, those who drink milk in good quantities tend to stay hydrated.
It Gives You Energy
As milk also contains carbohydrates in it, you tend to feel energetic when you consume milk.
It Provides Calcium
Milk is a good and affordable source of Calcium. Instead of taking Calcium supplements, drinking milk can be far more beneficial.
This is one of the reasons to drink milk regularly. It can provide you with minerals and vitamins in one go. Your body and mind tend to stay healthy when proper quantities of vitamins and minerals are supplied.
It Is A Complete Food
When a single food successfully provides the nutrients that your body needs, it can called as a complete food. Milk is one of them.
It Strengthens Bones
When you get enough of Calcium, your bones tend to be strong and healthy. Calcium deficiency may weaken your bones.
Regular consumption of milk may prevent acidity. But you may need to drink cold milk to get that effect.
Good For Skin
The lactic acid present in milk is good for skin. That is why many use milk to wash face.
Makes You Happy
A study claims that people who regularly drink milk instead of coffee or tea may experience lower levels of stress.
Good For Eyesight
Many health studies claim that drinking milk can be good for eye sight. Especially, kids should be given milk regularly.
The nutrients present in milk can normalise high BP. If you make it a habit of drinking milk daily, you may prevent certain health conditions.
As milk also contains protein, it can be a good post workout snack too. Body builders and fitness enthusiasts cannot do without milk.
If used in the right way, milk can also prevent obesity. But if you drink it excessively, it can make you gain weight too fast.
Some studies claim that milk can effectively prevent certain types of cancer.
Certain studies claim that regular drinking of milk may significantly reduce the risk of suffering type 2 diabetes especially in women.