- 5 hrs ago Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra And Other Business Tycoons Who Came Foward To Fight Against Coronavirus
- 5 hrs ago Coronavirus: Fashion Brands That Are Making Masks To Support Medical Workers
- 10 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 29 March 2020
- 19 hrs ago How To Take Care Of A Patient With Suspected Or Confirmed COVID-19
- Sports Rennes star has time on his side – could Camavinga be Casemiro's deputy at Real Madrid?
- News Udupi man who committed suicide fearing having contracted coronavirus tested negative
- Movies Kanika Kapoor Tests Coronavirus Positive For The Fourth Time, Family Members Concerned!
- Technology How to Pin a Website to Windows 10 Taskbar
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: 2020 Maruti Dzire, BS6 Mahindra Bolero, BS4 Deadline, & More
- Finance RBI ‘s EMI Moratorium: Higher Interest If You Opt For EMI Break
- Travel 10 Best Family Friendly Destinations To Visit In April In India
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
A new study says emulsifiers can cause inflammation in the intestines. Generally, these emulsifiers are present in most of the processed foods that we consume.
Also Read: Benefits Of Hydrotherapy
The main problem with these additive sis that they interfere with the gut micro-organisms and spoil the balance. They may cause inflammatory-bowel disease. They are also responsible for metabolic syndrome.
Actually, what promotes inflammation is the change in the levels and proportions of gut microbes. As food is one factor that affects the the levels of gut microbes, researchers first studied the additives of certain foods that we eat daily and found that emulsifiers are promoting inflammation by altering gut microbes.
Also Read: Benefits Of Walking Without Shoes
As a part of the study, researchers used two emulsifiers that are present in processed foods. They were first given to mice. This brought a change in the gut microbiota of the mice and the environment became pro-inflammatory. Now let us discuss about the dangers of food additives.
This is present in processed meat. It is better to consume organic meat than hot dogs. This preservative may promote cancer causing agents.
They are present in chips, popcorn, biscuits and even hamburgers. They might cause obesity, cholesterol issues and cardiovascular problems.
This preservative is present in chewing gum, vegetable oils and soup mixes. This may cause stomach cancer.
MSG which is added to certain spicy dishes can cause significant damage to health. Minor side effects include headaches and dizziness.
This artificial sweetener can raise the risk of lukemia. Other side effects might include migraine, dizziness and poor eyesight.
This oxidising agent is generally carcinogenic but it is used in the process of making breads. It can affect your kidneys.
There are more such additives which come in the form of food colours, sweeteners and preservatives. When you consume them in large quantities on a regular basis, they may drastically affect your health.