We are what we eat and we are what we don't eat. When you take a look at any healthy diet that is prescribed by health experts, you will be surprised to see that most of the vegetables that are prescribed are in fact, anti-cancer foods.
Also Read: Is There A Diet That Works?
Yes, cancer kills! In order to kill cancer, you can't avoid vegetables and certain fruits too. Prevention is always better than combating a disorder after it crosses its initial phases. Therefore, including anti-cancer foods in your diet when you are young is a wise thing to do.
Also Read: 7 Foods Not To Eat When Immunity Is Low
Now, let us take a look at the foods that can prevent cancer, kill cancer or slow down its growth.
Lycopene is an antioxidant that can prevent lung, breast, and prostate cancer. Tomatoes contain lycopene.
As ginger is anti-inflammatory and also anti-cancerous, it can be consumed regularly to prevent the growth of cancer. It can prevent ovarian cancer.
Beta-carotene is an anti-oxidant in carrots which can slow down the development of cancer cells. Carrots can also protect your cells from various types of damage.
We all know that garlic is an anti-cancerous substance. The sulphur content in garlic can fight cancer cells and slow down their growth. Garlic can prevent lung, breast, colon and prostate cancers.
Pomegranate is anti-inflammatory and also contains anti-oxidants. Eat the seeds instead of drinking the juice to avoid excess sugar.
The phyto-chemicals present in beans can slow down the growth of cancer cells. the nutrients present in beans can prevent pancreatic cancer.
Curcumin is an anti-oxidant present in turmeric which can fight cancer cells. Use turmeric powder in your dishes.
Resveratrol which is present in grapes and berries can destroy cancer cells and also minimise inflammation in your body.
Strawberries contain ellagic acid and Vitamin C which can slow down the growth of cancer cells. Berries are said to prevent stomach, esophagus, lung and mouth cancers.
The catechins present in green tea can prevent cancer. Also, certain compounds in green tea can cleanse your liver.
Spinach can prevent esophageal cancer. Certain compounds like lutein and zeaxanthin present in spinach can cleanse your body and prevent certain types of cancers.
Broccoli, kale and cabbage are said to prevent various types of cancers including mouth, stomach and esophagus cancers.
- 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Brazil Nuts
- Kale Vs Spinach: Which Is Healthier?
- Here Are 5 Diet Tips For Marathon
- Here Are 6 Healthy Drinks That Can Replace Coffee
- 10 Best Foods To Eat During Weight Loss
- From Controlling Diabetes To Curing Fever, Here Are The Amazing Health Benefits Of Snake Gourd
- All You Need To Know About The Adzuki Beans
- Vitamin D: What Is Its Role In Preventing Breast Cancer?
- All You Need To Know About The Superfood, Kale
- Cocoa Powder: Surprising Health And Nutrition Benefits
- From Treating Ulcers To Fighting Cancer, Brinjal And Its Many Health Benefits
- Important Nutrients Women Should Consume At Different Ages