- 7 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 10 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 10 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 12 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Everyone has a secret desire to grow tall and have a good height. But not everyone is lucky enough to get this as the growth hormone for a few does not work the way they want. Well, if you are one among this group and looking for ways to increase your height then do not lose hope. There are a few yoga asanas that actually help to increase height.
If you are not convinced as to how yoga helps to increase height, then you should check out this article. The first thing that yoga does is it stretches the spinal cord and extends the muscles. It isn't just this, yoga helps to relieve stress, relax the body and release the growth hormone. This in turn helps in increasing the height.
Also Read: Foods To Increase Height
There are innumerable health benefits of yoga. But to reap its maximum benefits we need to know the correct yoga asanas for specific health problems.
A perfect combination of good nutritious food, minus the junk food, exercises and yoga helps one to increase height. Take a look at a few of these yoga asanas that help to increase height.
1. Adho-Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Adho-Mukha Svanasana:
a. Slowly bend down with your hands touching the ground. Your body should form a kind of V shape.
b. The toes should be pointing straight in front; the feet and the hip should be parallel to each other.
c. The hands should be pressed against the ground and the shoulder blades should be made wide.
d. The ears should touch the inner arms.
e. With your eyes gazing towards the navel, remain in the position for about a minute.
e. Take a deep breath and then slowly come out of the position.
2. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Trikonasana:
a. Stand with your feet apart; your arms by your sides. Keep your right foot out at ninety degress and left foot in at fifteen degrees.
b. Slowly raise your arms to shoulder height, with your palms facing the floor.
c. After a deep breath touch your right foot with your right fingertip. At the same time see to it that the left palm is facing right up towards the roof.
d. Slightly bend your head down towards the body.
e. Remain in the position for a minute. Repeat the same on the other side.
Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Sarvangasana:
a. Lie down flat on the ground, with your legs and hands lying freely on the ground.
b. Slowly bend your knees so that the soles of your feet rest on the ground.
c. Using your abdominal muscles slowly lift your legs and hips up from the floor.
d. The hands should be placed on your lower back and provide a support to your hips. Slowly lift your thighs up.
e. The feet should be straight pointing towards the ceiling.
f. Hold on to the position for a few seconds and try to extend it to a few minutes after a while.
4. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Bhujangasana:
a. Lie down on the floor with your stomach against the floor.
b. Take a deep breath and then slowly raise your torso keeping your lower body to the floor.
c. Raise your head up and then breathe out.
d. Hold on to the position for about 1-2 minutes.
e. Repeat it for about 8-10 times.