Most of us tend to think that symptoms like headaches and lack of energy are symptoms of hard work.
Though this forms one part of the reason, the other reason can be low level of magnesium and vitamin K in your body. There are some important micro-elements that your body requires.
One such important nutrient is magnesium. Magnesium is involved in 300 different chemical reactions in the body. It helps convert food into energy and creates new proteins from amino acids.
It helps in relieving anxiety, stress and combats fatigue. Magnesium can also prevent frequent headaches and can even treat migraines.
Deficiency of magnesium can lower the serotonin levels, cause the blood vessels to constrict and affect neurotransmitter functioning.
The recommended dietary allowances (RDA) are 400 mg for men aged 19-30 years and 420 mg for men older than 35 years; and for women, it's 310 mg for ages 19-30 years and 320 mg for women older than 35 years.
In this article, we have listed some of the best magnesium-rich foods that you consume throughout the day to fight fatigue, insomnia and headaches.
Almonds contain about 105 mg of magnesium in ¼th cup. Almonds are also packed in vitamin E, an antioxidant that keeps the immune system and eyes strong. It is also a satisfying snack.
2. Sesame Seeds:
Sesame seeds contain about 101 mg of magnesium in 1 ounce of roasted seeds. They are also chock-full of testosterone and help with sperm production in men.
3. Sunflower Seeds:
Sunflower seeds contain about 128 mg in a ¼th cup. They are also surprisingly good sources of magnesium. This is one of the best foods to consume for headaches.
Bananas are a good source of resistant starch. It contains about 33 mg of magnesium in one medium banana.
Cashews contain about 89 mg of magnesium in ¼th cup. These nuts are also a good source of folate and vitamin K.
Tofu contains about 37 mg of magnesium in ½ a cup. It is also a good protein source that provides your body with a good dose of iron.
7. Flax Seeds:
These contain about 40 mg of magnesium in a spoon. A sprinkling of flax seeds also provides you with a heart healthy meal. This is one of the top foods to eat for low energy.
- 11 Surprising Health Benefits Of Passion Fruit
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Hemp Seeds
- Top 11 Indian Home Remedies For Insomnia
- 15 Powerful Health Benefits Of Ashwagandha
- 10 Powerful Benefits Of Drumstick Leaves
- Reasons For Pregnancy Insomnia
- Suffering From Insomnia? Drink Cherry Juice, It Helps
- Here Are The Reasons Why You Can't Stop Waking Up In The Middle Of The Night
- Herbs ThatHelp Induce Sleep
- Why Do We Feel Sleepy At Noon?
- Study Says Binge-watching Television Can Severely Affect Your Sleep
- Yoga For Insomniacs - How To Get A Restful Sleep From Yoga
- 11 Side Effects Of Green Tea You Probably Didn't Know