- 40 min ago Struggling With Cakey Make-up? Here Is Your Guide To Applying Make-up On Dry Skin
- 47 min ago 17 Foods To Eat And Avoid Before Travelling
- 1 hr ago Ananya Panday, Alia Bhatt And Other Bollywood Divas Make Fashionable Splash At An Event
- 2 hrs ago Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2020: Vicky Kaushal Looks Dapper In An All-White Attire On The Ramp
- News Sonam Kapoor tweets RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's divorce remarks as "regressive foolish"
- Movies Bigg Boss Fans SLAM Shilpa Shinde For Accusing Sidharth Of Hitting Her; Trend #ShilpaTrophyVapasKaro
- Sports India vs New Zealand: Surprised by criticism of pre-planned break: NZ coach Gary Stead
- Finance Planning for 5 Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposit? List of Things to Check
- Travel Maha Shivratri 2020: Ancient Shiva Temples In India
- Technology itel Launches Vision 1 Smartphone With 2GB RAM And 4000mAh Battery For Rs. 5,499
- Automobiles 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Facelift — All You Need To Know
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Having an upset stomach is the last thing that anybody would want. The condition is even worse, if you experience pain along with it.
Symptoms like cramping, nausea and diarrhoea make it very difficult for one to carry about with their everyday tasks.
It is considered better to keep your diet simple during this time. But did you know that certain foods can actually help soothe the stomach?
If you find yourself suffering from indigestion often, then these foods will help.
When you have an upset stomach, there is a lot of time when we don't really do anything about it. We just wait for the virus to pass and bear the pain and discomfort all along.
But you needn't actually experience this pain and consume these foods instead to find relief from an upset stomach.
Read on to find out about the best foods for an upset stomach and diarrhoea.
Bananas are easily digestible and help in easing an upset stomach. This fruit contains pectin that helps to naturally firm the bowel movements.
Papaya helps encourage digestion and eases indigestion. It contains the enzyme papain and chymopapain that help break down protein. It soothes the stomach by promoting a healthy acidic environment. This is one of the best foods to ease an upset stomach.
3. White Rice:
When your tummy is in a bad shape, then you need to take in foods like rice, toast or boiled potatoes. These foods help with diarrhoea by absorbing fluids and adding bulk to your stool.
Ginger is an anti-nausea remedy and it helps in improving the overall digestive health. You can go for the recommended limit of 4 grams of ginger every day to prevent situations like stomach upset. This is one of the top foods to ease an upset tummy.
5. Apple Sauce:
Apples are also a good source of pectin that help reduce the symptoms of diarrhoea. Pel out the skin from the apples and make an apple sauce out of it. This makes it easier to digest any food.
6. Herbal Tea:
Peppermint tea and chamomile tea are best known for their stomach-healing properties. Peppermint activates an anti-pain channel in the colon. It eases IBS symptoms and also helps with nausea.
Yogurt with active cultures increases the number of good bacteria in the gut, aids with digestion and reduces bloating. This is one of the best known foods for an upset stomach and diarrhoea.