You are on your way to your best friend's wedding and you are all decked up and wearing high heels. Suddenly you slip down the stairs and unfortunately you sprain your ankles. So what do you do?
In situations like this, the best way out is to resort to home remedies that can provide immediate relief. Also the best part about it is that they are readily available at one's home.
Also Read: Diet Mistakes That Causes Weight Gain
Ankle sprain is quite common among those who are into sports and games. A sprain in the ankles may be caused when the muscles get overstretched or torn. The intensity of the sprain and the pain varies. If the sprain is more the pain would also be more.
If the sprain is more, it might affect one's movement and daily activities as well. Pain relief sprays might provide relief for a while but it does not last long. Hence, natural home remedies have proved better for such conditions.
Also Read: Foods To Build Your Immunity
However, if the condition worsens and the pain does not lessen, then it is highly important to consult a doctor and get the necessary treatment done.
Here are these quick home remedies that help in providing quick relief from sprained ankles. Take a look.
#1. Cold Compress:
Cold compress is found to be one of the best natural home remedies for sprained ankles.
1. Take a few ice cubes and then wrap them in a thin clean cloth.
2. Place the cold compress over the sprained ankle for about 5-10 minutes.
3. Keep doing this about 4-5 times a day. It helps in providing quick relief.
#2. Epsom Salt:
Yet another home remedy for sprained ankle is epsom salt water.
1. Just take half a bucket of water.
2. Add 2-3 spoons of epsom salt to it and stir it well.
3. Dip the feet having the sprained ankle in the epsom salt water for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Keep doing this about 2-3 times a day. It helps in providing quick relief.