- 6 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 8 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 8 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Movies Randeep Hooda Opens Up About His Ouster From Mira Nair’s A Suitable Boy
- News Seeking to provide Indian citizenship, Lok Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Netflix Subscription In Jaipur, Guntur
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Do you suffer from any sleep disorder like snoring, insomnia, sleep apnoea, sleep walking etc? If yes, then this article is a must read. Out of the many sleeping disorders, snoring is the most common problem which more than 90 percent of the people suffer from. There are a lot of reasons why you snore when asleep, which is why Boldsky shares with you some of the hidden reasons for that loud noise.
Scientifically, snoring occurs when the muscles of the airway relax too much during sleep. It vibrates when the air we breathe passes in and out. Now, according to experts it is said that most people snore for sometime in their sleep which is not a major problem.
However, it is seen as a serious condition only when this snoring becomes chronic as it can affect sleep-quality and also disturb others.
Experts who have done a study on sleep disorders, state that if the snore is louder than usual, it is generally associated with sleep-related breathing disorders like obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA).
So, take a look at the reasons why you snore at night and find out ways to solve this sleep disorder immediately:
Most medications have a list of side effects, either big or small. Medications like sedatives and antihistamines when consumed before bed time, usually lead to heavy snoring. This is one of the main reasons why you snore.
Being overweight effects your entire life in numerous ways. Obesity leads to heart diseases, strokes, infertility and even sleep disorders like snoring. A person with a short fat neck is at an increased risk of snoring.
An old saying goes like this: eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. If you consume a heavy meal for dinner, you are likely to snore much more than when you consume food at an earlier time.
Consumption of alcohol is another reason why you snore when asleep. It is best not to drink alcohol within three hours of bedtime. This method helps decrease the problem up to some level.
When children snore, parents should get a tonsil test done for them. Experts state that swollen tonsils can make a child snore. When this is not checked, the child will experience a lot of health issues like heavy breathing and chest pain.
Sleeping on a soft pillow and on the back is another reason why you snore. If you suffer from this problem, it is best to sleep without a pillow. Sleeping on your left side too benefits one to a good night's rest.
A stuffy nose is also one of the reasons why you snore. Nasal congestion should be checked on regularly. Try out a few home remedies to get rid of a stuffy nose.
Buy Best Health Insurance Plans