- 9 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Up To 50% Off On Protein Powders
- 10 hrs ago Remedial Measures In Astrology To Counter Different Problems In Life
- 13 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 October To 08 October 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 15 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 02 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Confident India ready for AFC U-17 qualifying campaign
- News Security beefed up at Mumbai airport over hoax bomb threat
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Krushna Abhishek Joins Hands With Salman Khan, But There's A Catch
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Finance Forgot Your UAN Password? Know How To Reset/Change UAN Password
- Automobiles Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
The scorching summer heat has become unbearable and the body's resistance to heat has also come down. During the summer months, the body feels drained out because it tends to lose water and mineral salts at a fast pace. This causes dehydration and if not treated it could be fatal.
What Is Dehydration?
Dehydration occurs when the body loses most of the water and fluids through sweat, urine, stool and weather. Dehydration affects the functioning of the body by disrupting the functions of vital organs like kidney, brain, liver, stomach, lungs, etc 
Symptoms of Dehydration
- Dry mouth
- Decreased urination
- Weakness in the muscles
- Constipation 
Home Remedies For Dehydration
Drinking water at regular intervals will rehydrate your body and prevent dehydration. During the warm summer months, the body perspires more than usual resulting in excess water loss. So, drinking eight to ten glass of water throughout the day will balance the electrolyte levels in the body and retain the lost fluids. A clear sign your body is dehydrated is when your urine is dark yellow in colour .
2. Barley water
Barley water is made with hulled barley or pearl barley. It is rich in vitamins and antioxidants like folate, iron, manganese, copper, etc. Barley water has cooling properties that will help cool down your body as well as rehydrate it  .
- In 3 to 4 cups of water add 1 cup of barley and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer it for 40 to 50 minutes and strain the barley water.
- Let it cool, add honey and drink it.
3. Herbal teas
Decaffeinated herbal teas like chamomile, rooibos, hibiscus and rose tea are an excellent choice for rehydrating your body. These herbal teas are free of caffeine and will calm your tired nerves and relax your mind.
- Drink herbal teas thrice a day.
4. Aloe vera juice
The aloe vera plant is water-dense, so the intake of aloe vera juice will keep your body and skin hydrated. Aloe vera juice is also a detoxifying drink that removes all the impurities out of the body.
- In a blender, add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel along with 1 cup of water.
- Blend till smooth and drink it.
5. Home-made ORS
ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) is very effective in countering the effects of dehydration. ORS is considered one of the best home remedies for replacing the lost fluids in the body. The presence of glucose content in ORS increase the minerals in the body which are lost due to dehydration 
- In a glass of water, add ½ teaspoon of salt and 6 teaspoons of sugar.
- Mix well and drink it.
6. Lemon water
During the summers, lemon water commonly called as nimbu paani is one of the best hydrating drinks. Drinking lemon water will restore the lost minerals in the body, thereby helping in rehydration and also will help cool your body  .
- In a glass of water squeeze the juice of half a lemon.
- Add honey for flavour and drink it daily.
7. Pickle juice
Pickle juice is high in sodium and contains some amounts of potassium which make it one of the best hydrating drinks. Drinking pickle juice will bring relief from muscle cramps caused due to dehydration and restore the electrolyte balance in the body  .
- Drink 1/3 cup of pickle juice once a day daily.
8. Coconut water
Coconut water is another home remedy to treat dehydration naturally. If your body is dehydrated, drinking coconut water will help your body rehydrate as it contains high amounts of sodium and potassium  .
- Drink coconut water 4 to 5 times daily.
9. Fruit-infused water
Fruit-infused water is made by adding cut fruits into the water. Drinking fruit-infused water will keep your body hydrated and will also supply your body with essential nutrients  .
- Add the choice of your fruits in a jar of water and sip it throughout the day.
10. Chia seeds water
Chia seeds when added to water swell up 10 times their weight within minutes which makes it for a perfect hydrating drink. Drinking chia seeds will not only rehydrate your body but also will cool down your body which is great to beat the summer heat.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chia seeds in a glass of water.
- Allow it to sit for 1 minute.
- Shake it and drink it daily.
Tips For Preventing Dehydration
- Suck on popsicles made from fruit juices.
- Suck on ice chips.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Keep on drinking water at regular intervals.
-  Coller, F. A., & Maddock, W. G. (1935). A STUDY OF DEHYDRATION IN HUMANS.Annals of surgery,102(5), 947-60.
-  Popkin, B. M., D'Anci, K. E., & Rosenberg, I. H. (2010). Water, hydration, and health.Nutrition reviews,68(8), 439-58.
-  Perrier, E. T., Johnson, E. C., McKenzie, A. L., Ellis, L. A., & Armstrong, L. E. (2015). Urine colour change as an indicator of change in daily water intake: a quantitative analysis.European journal of nutrition,55(5), 1943-9.
-  Lee, S., Kim, J. E., Suk, S., Kwon, O. W., Park, G., Lim, T. G., Seo, S. G., Kim, J. R., Kim, D. E., Lee, M., Chung, D. K., Jeon, J. E., Cho, D. W., Hurh, B. S., Kim, S. Y., … Lee, K. W. (2015). A fermented barley and soybean formula enhances skin hydration.Journal of clinical biochemistry and nutrition,57(2), 156-63.
-  Ishikawa, T., Tamura, H., Ishiguro, H., Yamaguchi, K., & Minami, K. (2010). Effect of oral rehydration solution on fatigue during outdoor work in a hot environment: a randomized crossover study.Journal of occupational health, 1006070131-1006070131.
-  Lv, X., Zhao, S., Ning, Z., Zeng, H., Shu, Y., Tao, O., … Liu, Y. (2015). Citrus fruits as a treasure trove of active natural metabolites that potentially provide benefits for human health.Chemistry Central journal,9, 68.
-  Miller, K. C., Mack, G., & Knight, K. L. (2009). Electrolyte and plasma changes after ingestion of pickle juice, water, and a common carbohydrate-electrolyte solution.Journal of athletic training,44(5), 454–461.
-  Kuberski, T., Roberts, A., Linehan, B., Bryden, R. N., & Teburae, M. (1979). Coconut water as a rehydration fluid.The New Zealand medical journal,90(641), 98-100.
-  Ali, M. A., Rahayu, S., Indardi, N., Anggita, G. M., Soraya, F., Rustadi, T., ... & Chang, Y. Z. (2018). Usage of Fruit-Infused Water for Prevention of Dehydration Due to Endurance Exercise.Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat,13(3), 417-422.
- skin careNatural Skincare For Summer: 7 Home Remedies To Get Healthy-Glowing Skin
- wellness14 Most Common Triggers Of Hiccups And Quick Tips To Get Rid Of 'Em
- hair careHow To Improve Your Hair Texture At Home: Home Remedies And Hair Masks
- wellness14 Safe And Effective Home Remedies For Ringworm Infection: Garlic, Tea Tree Oil, Salt And More
- disorders cureMonsoon Allergies: Types Of Common Allergies During The Season And Ways To Manage Them
- disorders cureEverything You Need To Know About Fever, Dengue Fever, Ebola, Chikungunya And Typhoid Fever
- prenatalMorning Sickness During Second Pregnancy: Effective Tips And Remedies
- wellness28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- wellnessHeadache 101: Everything You Need To Know From Causes, Symptoms To Home Remedies, Foods, Yoga Poses And More
- wellness12 Effective Home Remedies For Swollen Feet
- wellness8 Effective Natural Remedies That Can Help Manage Eczema Symptoms