- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 11 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 12 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 13 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- News Democracy Index 2019: India slips 10 points to 51st Rank due to 'Erosion of civil Liberties'
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Motion Activated Night Light 2 Launched At Rs. 599 In India
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Sports Manchester United 0-2 Burnley: Solskjaer's men dreadful in embarrassing defeat
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
1.Weight gain/loss:Though hormone disorder cause of weight gain, yet the most common cause seems to be our food habits and lifestyle which are the key players today. The thyroid hormones manage our body's metabolism and can alteration in the circulating thyroid balance can cause a weight related issue.
People with low thyroid hormone levels (Hypothyroidism) tend to gain more weight. On the contrary people with increased levels of thyroid hormones (Hyperthyroidism) tend to loose weight despite increased appetite. People with decreased circulating levels of steroid hormones (Addison's disease) also have a tendency to loose weight. The opposite that is high steroid in body may push your weight up. Polycystic ovarian disease is a common cause of weight gain in women. These hormonal problems can be tested easily. There are some other hormonal problems those can be responsible for weight problem like Hypothalamic disturbance, fortunately they are rare. Insulin resistance can make you overweight on the other hand in deficiency of Insulin you loose weight.
2. Anxiety/palpitations/Increased sweating :We tend to be anxious and can feel our own heartbeat normally when we are stressed, tensed and scared. This is a response due to Catecholamine hormones which help us cope with stressful situations. But there is another relatively rare condition where these are produced excessively; this can cause episodes of anxiety & palpitations. Increased levels of thyroid hormones in the blood is another common cause for this complaint.
3. Bowel problems :Hormonal problems can cause a variety of bowel related issues. Low levels of thyroid hormones can cause constipation and high levels increase the frequency of bowel movements. High levels of calcium in
4. Hair loss:A common complaint can be due to a thyroid related issue or calcium related problem. In general there are so many non-hormonal causes of hair loss.
In fact any significant physical illness is known to cause hair loss, nail disturbance, weakness, weight loss etc.
5. Acne, Excess facial and body hair:Just about every woman may have experienced unwanted hair or acne at one point or another. This is the most common worry, in adolescent and young females. This is mainly due to a condition called as polycystic ovaries, where there is a hormonal imbalance due to which the sebaceous glands/hair follicles in skin become more sensitive to circulating levels of androgen's.