- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago In A Rare Celestial Event, 5 Planets Line Up For The First Time In 18 Years
- 18 hrs ago Onam 2022: Date, Time, Rituals, History, Significance, And Celebrations
- 19 hrs ago Anant Chaturdashi Vrat 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Legend, And Significance
- News 42 found dead in lorry in Texas
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Fame Nikki Tamboli Buys New Mercedes Benz GLE Worth Rs 86 Lakh, Shares Pictures On Social Media
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2T India Launch Teased; Pricing & Specs
- Sports Wimbledon 2022, June 28 Order of Play and Schedule: Live Streaming in India and TV Channel List
- Finance This Adani Stock Gains 1247% In Just 2 Years, Acquiring Finance From Govt. For New Foray
- Automobiles Bajaj Pulsar N160 Vs Bajaj Pulsar NS160 - Specs Comparo
- Education BSSC 1st Inter Level CCE 2014 Final Result Released, Steps To Check To Bihar 1st Inter Level CC Exam Result
- Travel Peb Fort Trek, Maharashtra - Complete Guide
Are you simply tired of experimenting with the costly protein powder for weight loss? If yes, then you should know that protein powder is not the only option to lose weight.
There are other good-quality protein foods that you can add in your diet to lose weight the healthy way.
Apart from protein powder, one of the most important options for weight loss is protein shakes. They are a convenient way to add protein to your diet. Protein shakes fulfil the exact requirement of calories and nutrients.
Protein shakes are a perfect meal replacement option for those looking forward to shedding some pounds in a healthy manner. These shakes can keep you full until the next meal and can prevent you from eating junk food to satisfy your hunger pangs.
These protein shakes will not burn a hole in your pocket and you will reap the benefits from them too. Read on to know more about these Indian homemade protein shakes for weight loss that you can try at home with simple kitchen ingredients.
1. Almond Coconut Protein Shake
Almonds are a great source of protein, with 20 almonds comprising about 5 grams of protein. Almond milk will provide you with an extra dose of protein and coconut has electrolytes that will keep your body hydrated.
- Soak the nuts and shredded coconut overnight. Discard the water.
- Add almonds, coconut to a blender and add milk to blend it into a thick, smooth shake.
- Add cinnamon powder and honey to make it tasty.
2. Chocolate And Banana Protein Shake
Chocolate and bananas make for a wonderful combination. Not only do they make a healthy protein shake but they also add a great taste too. Chocolates and banana will provide you with a loadful of vitamins and minerals.
- Add 1 cup of banana chunks and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder in a blender.
- Add milk or yogurt to it to make it into a smooth drink.
- Add ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon powder for taste.
3. Berry Protein Shake
Berries are a good source of powerful antioxidants and they are also a great source of fibre that helps you to lose weight. Using a variety of berries will give you that extra punch of energy.
- Add 7-10 berries of your choice, ½ a cup of whipped cottage cheese, ¼th cup of water and some honey in a blender.
- Blend it and add some extra honey if you like.
4. Peanut Butter Protein Shake
Peanut butter is a rich source of protein and this can be a great post-workout shake to opt for. This homemade protein shake is creamy, nutty and delicious for your taste buds.
- Blend together 1 cup of yogurt, ½ a cup almond milk, and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- You can add bananas if you want and serve it chilled.
5. Vegan Protein Shake
Those who are allergic to dairy products and are lactose intolerant, but are looking for a high protein shake for weight loss, can opt for this. This vegan protein shake is the perfect shake for you.
- Blend 1 cup of almonds or cashew nuts, 1 banana, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence for flavour.
- Blend all the ingredients together and serve it chilled.
6. Banana Strawberry Chia Seeds Protein Shake
Chia seeds are rich sources of protein, while bananas are full of potassium. This combination will make a super-energy protein shake after an intense workout session.
- Add chia seeds, 1 banana, strawberries, milk and honey into a blender.
- Add a handful of crushed ice (optional) and enjoy this thick protein shake.
7. Mango Banana Shake
Mangoes are full of potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C; and mixing these with bananas will make it a rich protein shake. Choose ripe mangoes that are not very sweet.
- Blend mangoes, banana, peanut butter and milk into a blender to make it into a smooth shake.
- Add crushed ice and relish it immediately.
8. Blueberry Almond Butter Banana Shake
Blueberry is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C, which when added to almond and yogurt will transform into a rich protein shake.
- In a blender, add blueberries, banana, almond butter and yogurt. Serve with ice cubes.
9. Oatmeal Apple Protein Shake
The phytonutrients in apple will keep your blood sugar levels steady and in control. Pairing apples with oatmeal will provide you fibre and keep you feeling full for a longer period of time.
- Blend oatmeal, milk, apple, and honey in a blender.
- Refrigerate it to enjoy this thick homemade protein shake.
10. Avocado And Banana Protein Shake
Avocado is filled with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and fibre that aid in weight loss. You can add bananas and honey to make it tasty.
- Add bananas, avocado and milk in a blender.
- Blend well until it is smooth and creamy and enjoy it chilled.
11. Raw Egg Protein Shake
If you want to build your muscles along with losing weight, try this homemade protein shake with raw eggs.
- Mix 1 raw egg, milk, banana, honey and cinnamon powder in a blender.
- Serve it chilled.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.
- nutritionWhat Are Leptin And Ghrelin And How Do They Affect The Body Weight?
- diet fitnessWorld Health Day 2022: What Are Fad Diets? Why Are They Popular Instead Of Being Unsafe?
- nutritionHow To Make Your Diet More Sustainable, Healthy Or Cheap - Without Giving Up Nutrients
- wellnessHealthy Weight Awareness Month: Expert Talks About The Importance Of Healthy Weight - Key For Good Health
- healthCameroon Resident Loses 11 Kgs After Bariatric Surgery
- diet fitnessWeight Loss After 40: Tips For Men And Women
- diet fitnessWhy Diet Is the Most Important Part Of Fitness
- wellnessEvidence-Based Health Benefits Of Hibiscus Flower And Leaves
- diet fitness6 Teas That Help Promote Healthy Weight Gain
- nutrition15 Proven Health Benefits Of Almonds: Nutrition, Side Effects, How To Eat And Other Details
- wellnessEvidence-Based Health Benefits Of Tomato Juice: Anti-Ageing, Weight Loss, Immunity And More
- wellnessEvidence-Based Health Benefits Of Onion Juice: Weight Loss, Fertility, Diabetes And Many More