Sometimes your schedule can be so loaded that you might not have time to properly decide on what to eat and what not to eat.
Your body has an internal clock that runs for every 24 hours. This circadian rhythm is what keeps your body running. It also helps the body adjust to the environmental changes, sleep and other behavioural patterns like eating.
It is a well-known fact that what you eat can affect your body. But when you eat, it also has an effect. The timing of your meal or snack can affect the metabolic regulation, body-weight regulation, management of obesity-related diseases and sleep cycle.
Trying to figure out the best time to eat can be quite tricky. Some studies have shown that those who eat lunch late (after 3 PM) lost less weight than the early eaters.
It was also found that restricting the time that you eat between 6 AM to 7 PM, can reduce the overall calorie intake by 244.
This is the because there is less time involved in this and you tend to eat fewer calories, due to the less time.
It was also found that people who ate breakfast saw reduced dietary fat intake and impulsive snacking. Further, people who ate nutrient-rich breakfast were able to manage their weight and it also improved their overall health.
In this article, we have mentioned the best time to eat to lose weight. Read further to know what is the best time to eat to lose weight.
1. Eating A 3 Square Meal
The popular breakfast, lunch and dinner routine can help with weight loss. But each meal must be big enough to leave you satiated. But your daily calorie intake is lower than what you would get by eating 5 times a day.
2. Eating 4-5 Small Meals:
For people who are trying to reduce some serious amount of weight, reducing the size of the meal works best. You would also need to add one or two extra snacks throughout the day.
These meals also provide satiety and provide a balance of calories throughout the day. Hence, eating in the morning, noon and night is known to be the best time to lose weight.
3. Eating Around Your Workout:
Exercises increase the insulin sensitivity. This raises the muscle's desire and ability to take up carbohydrates. By eating around your workout, it helps the carbs to move to the muscles and initiate the recovery process.
Hence, eating during this time is known to be the best time to eat to lose weight.
4. Vegan Before 6 PM:
Getting rid of all kinds of animal products can actually help you lose upto 35 pounds. This will restrict your food choices to lower calorie options and this will let you eat whatever you want till 6 PM. At the end of the day, the overall calorie count will still be low.
5. Fasting Twice A Week:
This is a very straightforward strategy and not everybody can adopt this. The idea is to not eat anything at all for 24 hours for two days and eat whatever you want for the rest of the week, of course in moderation.
6. Not Eating Anything After 6 PM:
Not touching food at all after 6 PM will cut down on the mindless calorie consumption. You need to ensure that your evening meal includes an adequate amount of protein and fibre in order to overcome the hunger pangs.
- 8 Early Signs And Symptoms Of Lung Cancer
- Foods That Help Increase The Weight Of Baby In The Womb
- 40 Foods To Get Rid Of The Fluid Retention Weight
- There Are 7 Common Signs That You Are Over-stressed
- Eating Quickly Can Cause These Health Issues
- Obesity & Underweight Increases Depression Risk In Women
- These Things Will Happen To Your Body If You Don't Eat Meat
- Walnuts Can Boost Your Digestive Health: Study
- Are You Underweight? Then You Could Be At A Higher Risk Of Early Menopause
- Right Way To Prepare Turmeric Milk To Fight These 8 Diseases
- Want To Maintain Your Weight? Then Add This To Your Breakfast
- Things That Will Happen To Your Body When You Start Eating Honey Every Day
- 10 Amazing Nutrition Facts About Pears