- Automobiles Here’s How You Can Fix Car Glass Scratches
- Finance Credit Suisse Fined, For Facilitating Cocaine Cash Laundering
- Movies Ben Affleck's 10-Year-Old Son Crashes Rs 3 Crore Worth Lamborghini; Father-son Duo Spotted With Jennifer Lopez
- News PV Narasimha Rao Birth Anniversary: All you need to know about ‘modern India’s Chanakya’
- Technology Amazon OnePlus Nord 2T 5G Quiz: Answers, Prizes And More
- Sports TNPL 2022, Trichy Warriors vs Tiruppur Tamizhans: Mohammed, Tushar power Tiruppur to win
- Education BSSC 1st Inter Level CCE 2014 Final Result Released, Steps To Check To Bihar 1st Inter Level CC Exam Result
- Travel Peb Fort Trek, Maharashtra - Complete Guide
Oats are a favourite breakfast option for many because it is affordable and easier to make. It is a healthy diet staple packed with nutrients like healthy carbohydrates and fibre. The flavour and nutrient content of the oats get doubled when you add fruits to it.
Oats is a weight-loss miracle food which contains fewer calories that help you to burn that extra stubborn fat. The fibre present in oatmeal may help control your hunger and eat less, making it easier for you to lose weight.
Unlike other sugary breakfast cereals which are full of refined carbohydrates, the body digests oats at a slower pace. This helps to keep the blood sugar levels steady and provides you energy for the whole day.
Having ½ a bowl of oatmeal daily provides six grams of fibre. So, if you are trying to lose weight, you should incorporate it into your weight-loss diet at least a few times in a week.
You can use oats in many ways apart from having it as a cereal. Check out these 12 ways on how to eat oats to reduce weight.
1. Use It In Place Of Breadcrumbs
You will be surprised to know that rolled oats can be used as a substitute for breadcrumbs. It is a convenient way to lose weight and it works like a charm. You can add it in recipes like chicken nuggets, meatballs and meatloaf to get the extra nutrition.
2. Make Oats Snack Bars
If you are thinking of grabbing those granola bars and snack bars from the supermarket for losing weight, you are making a mistake. These snack bars also have some amount of sugar to put on those extra calories in your body. Instead, you can make homemade oat-based snack bars that will make you lose weight faster.
3. Add Oats In Pancakes
If you want to have pancakes for breakfast, you can add oats to it to lose belly fat. Homemade pancakes with oats are filled with good calories and carbohydrates. The dish will be packed with satiating fibre and muscle-building protein. You can add bananas, eggs, instead of flour and sugar.
4. Oat Flour
If you like baking desserts, home-made bread and waffles, add oat flour instead of the white flour. White flour contains starch and regular consumption of it will spike the blood sugar levels. Also, you will miss out on healthy nutrients, so include oat flour to lose weight faster.
5. Oats For Dinner
If you have a sweet-tooth and you are thinking of ditching those sweets to lose weight. Well, there's good news for you. You can have a simple dinner, which includes grilled chicken or fish with veggies. For a sweet dessert, oats is a perfect low-calorie dessert.
6. Oats In A Mason Jar
Overnight oats kept in a mason jar with curd and fruits makes for a great healthy snack. You can grab it as a quick snack when you are at work. You can add the toppings of your choice and keep it in the refrigerator and the result would be a home-made healthy snack.
7. Oats In Smoothies
If you are having smoothies in the morning, you can add the ground oats into your smoothies. It will not only be a tasty smoothie, but will also help in losing weight. The fibre-filled smoothie will be thicker that will keep you full for a longer period of time.
8. Brings A Thickness Texture In Soups
If you are making soups, sauce or stews and you prefer it thick. You can reach out for the humble oats to make your soup or stew thick. Make it into a fine powder before you add it in your soup or stew dishes.
9. Vegetable Burger
If you are a vegetarian and you want to make home-made burgers. You can add oats with the other ingredients to bind it up together. It will not only taste good but you will love the improved texture. Plus, it is a perfect weight loss food.
10. Make A Pilaf
One of the benefits of oats for weight loss is its adaptability. You can mix and match with other grains like quinoa, buckwheat and rice. You can also experiment with other herbs and spices to add more flavour.
11. Healthy Pizza Crust
If you are craving for a pizza, worry not. Oats is the best option, you can make your pizza crust with whole grains, oats flour, rolled oats and eggs. It will make an incredible low-carb alternative and will also enrich the flavour.
12. Quinoa And Oats
If you are sick of eating the plain oats for breakfast every day, you can add quinoa and make your morning bowl a blend of two grains. Both quinoa and oats contain protein and fibre that would make it a perfect breakfast for people aiming at weight loss.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.
- recipesHow To Make Low-Calorie, Gluten-Free And High Fibre Vegan Chocolate Banana Oatmeal
- recipesEasy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Oats Upma
- wellness5 Healthy Ways To Include Oats In Your Breakfast
- diet fitnessMuesli Or Oats: Which Is Better For Weight Loss?
- nutritionThis Is What Happens If You Eat Oats Every Day
- nutrition10 Foods High In Selenium Content
- nutrition12 Foods That Are High In Manganese
- diet fitness9 Ketogenic Diet Foods To Avoid
- nutritionTop 13 Foods That Are Rich In Phosphorus
- recipesLow Calorie : Oats Roti Recipe
- recipesLow Calorie : Methi Oats Roti Recipe
- nutrition12 Healthy Foods That Give You Energy To Boost You Up Instantly