It has often been heard that some people can eat absolutely anything they wish to, no matter how many calories it has, without gaining any weight due to the fast metabolic rate of their body.
Their bodies tend to burn all that they have consumed without storing anything. Well, what scientists suggest is quite contrary to this popular belief.
Those who think that inability to gain weight is a blessing in disguise couldn't be more wrong. It actually is a curse to some.
One might find this baffling, but sadly this is true and equally complicated to understand why some people can't gain weight.
Also Read: 12 Healthy Secrets Of Thin People
Just like being overweight leaves you desiring for perfect curves, so does being underweight; and if you thought that eating more is the answer to the problem, then let me tell you that it isn't.
The reasons why some people can't gain weight are not just limited to their dietary habits. There are a lot more factors to be blamed.
So, here in this article, we will discuss about what the reasons are that cause the inability in some people to gain weight even after putting in a lot of efforts. Read on further to know more.
1. They Don't Eat Enough: Thin people often think that they eat too much but the fact is that they are not. Their appetite is not enough to support the gaining of weight and growth of muscles. It is important to understand that a good amount of nutrition is necessary to allow your body to grow. If you are not consuming enough calories, then adding on mass would always be difficult.
2. Lack Of Protein: This has often been observed that people do not include the required amount of proteins in their daily diet. Those who want to simply just maintain their current body weight must consume at least 1.0 to 1.2 grams per kg of their weight. It can be included in the diet through various sources like dairy, beef, poultry, seeds, fish, eggs, etc.
3. Not Enough Intensity Of Training: If you wish to gain mass and grow muscle, then you need to challenge your body to bring out a good change in it. If you have, do not train well, you will not gain well. Hit the gym, put on some extra effort and see the difference.
4. Insufficient Sleeping/Resting Hours: Human growth hormone is responsible for bringing about growth in the human body; and it is at the highest level when we are sleeping. So if you are trying to gain weight and build mass, then you require a good amount of sleep, as your body will be producing more of cortisol, which will help break down your muscle tissues.
5. Too Much Cardio: You may unknowingly be adding too much cardio for your body without realising, hence burning more than you consume. As thin people do have a faster metabolism, they tend to burn their food quickly and so are unable to gain weight even after a lot of trying.
6. Medical Condition: If your food and workout habits are fine, then you may have some sort of medical issues like endocrine or gastrointestinal disorders. Thus, make sure to see your doctor if this is the case, as you will get a clear idea on the same.