- 42 min ago This B-Town Actor Spreads Coronavirus Safety Awareness In The Most Stylish Way, Guess Who Is He!
- 1 hr ago Sun Transit In Cancer 2020: How It Will Affect Your Zodiac Sign
- 1 hr ago Sushant Singh Rajput’s Jersey In Dil Bechara Makes NBA Basketball Player Reggie Miller React
- 3 hrs ago Sunny Leone In Blue Shirt-Short And Orange Jumpsuit, Which Beach Outfit Of Hers Did You Like More?
- Technology List Of Power Banks With 12000mAh Battery And More To Buy In India Now
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- News Rajasthan crisis: After Pilot's exit, state Cabinet and council of minister to meet tonight
- Sports Black Lives Matter: India's national high jump record-holder Tejaswin Shankar leads anti-racism protest in USA
- Movies Anand Deverakonda’s Next Middle Class Melodies To Release On OTT Platform
- Automobiles Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Milk and weight loss? Well, you might find it strange, but yes, it is a fact that milk helps in losing weight. But one needs to make it a point to use low-fat skimmed milk and then see how it helps in losing weight.
There are many myths surrounding the health benefits of milk. Due to its rich fat content, people going on a diet totally shut it for the fear of gaining weight.
Also Read: Home Remedies For Pus Cells In Urine
But this is actually not the correct way. Instead of totally giving up whole milk, one could opt for low-fat skimmed milk. Drinking low-fat skimmed milk actually helps one in losing weight and this has been proved by several studies conducted across the world.
Also Read: Foods To Control Cholesterol During Winter
The calorie content in skimmed milk is very low; the fat content is less than 0.5 percent. This does not mean that it is unhealthy, as it is rich in protein content and other nutrition required by the body.
Today at Boldsky we have listed a few surprising facts about how low-fat skimmed milk helps in losing weight. Take a look.
#1. Controls Appetite:
Milk is rich in protein. It helps in keeping one full for a longer period of time, thus controlling one's appetite. Apart from drinking just plain low-fat skimmed milk it can be added to cereals or your favourite fruit smoothies and consumed. This helps one to lose weight naturally.
#2. Drinking Milk Soon After Exercise:
Drinking low-fat skimmed milk not just helps to provide strength, but also milk when consumed soon after the exercise session helps in building up the muscles and aids in loss of fat. Hence drinking a glass of milk after exercising not just provides strength but helps one to lose weight as well.
#3. Great Source Of Vitamin D:
When your body lacks in vitamin D it leads to weight gain. Milk is a great source of vitamin D. So drinking milk, particularly low-fat skimmed milk helps in increasing the level of vitamin D which in turn aids in weight loss.
#4. Boosts Metabolism:
Milk, especially the skimmed ones are an excellent source of vitamins. It helps in increasing the metabolic rate and this in turn enhances the fat-burning process. This is one of the best ingredients for those wishing to lose weight.