- 39 min ago Malaika Arora And Amyra Dastur Makes Us Want To Buy More And More Dresses
- 1 hr ago Fashion Lovers, For Sure You Will Be Stunned To See These Jaw-Dropping Couture Cakes
- 1 hr ago Kunal Khemu's Fitness And Diet Tips
- 3 hrs ago Teen Becomes Mentally Disabled After Using Mobile Phone For Long Hours
- Movies Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Goes UNRECOGNIZABLE In New York? Roams Around With Aaradhya & Abhishek [PICS]
- Automobiles 30 Percent Of Motorists In India Use Fake Driving Licenses — New MV Act To Counter It
- News Woman tries to stop high-speed train by sticking her foot in the platform gap
- Technology Xiaomi Introduces Redmi Note 7 New White Color Option
- Finance CPSE ETF’s New Round Opens This Week With Tax Benefit; Should You Invest?
- Sports Al Attiyah wins every stage on way to emphatic Silk Way Rally victory
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
If there's something that fashion can do is that it can make people push themselves beyond their comfort zone. And in Kim Kardashian's case, she went beyond her comfort zone quite literally. Her pushing herself was to the extent where she put herself in an uncomfortable state. But see, she did it all for her love for fashion and to meet the theme of this year's Met Gala, "Camp". So, the theme of the Met Gala 2019 was based around exaggeration and artifice. Kim ticked both the boxes but it wasn't something done effortlessly by Kim Kardashian. In a recent interview to the Wall Street Journal, where she also talked about Kimono shapewear controversy, Kim revealed about her famous "Camp" attire too.
So, Kim wore a Thierry Mugler's dress to bring out her understanding of the theme. She wore an intense figure-flattering dress and nailed the iconic 'Wet Look'. Honestly, it was beyond couture and just a look at it and one would tell how artistic this dress was. However, the attire clung way too tightly to her body. "I never felt pain like that in my life," she told this to the Wall Street Journal. She also revealed that after taking off her dress, there were indentations on her back and stomach. Kim also said to the WSJ that she was not able to pee for hours (she didn't remove her ribs though).
That shapely tiny waist was the result of a Mister Pearl corset and there have news of her taking breathing lessons because of her ensemble. Now, corsets are not popular anymore and there is a reason. Firstly, corsets make movements restrictive and it gets hard to breath as you noticed in Kim's case. Second, corsets stereotype body shape and can create body image issues. Kim's dress was a proof that in order to deliver a masterpiece stroke how much a designer is willing to make uncomfortable ensembles and bring back the past sensibilities, which a number of women today wouldn't even think of incorporating in their day-to-day or party life. Do you think, when it comes to fashion, you would want to push yourself ever in order to create a statement moment but at the cost of your comfort?
View this post on Instagram
✨💗✨ Full video on my IGTV : Discover how was created Kim’s #MetGala “Wet look” with @voguemagazine - “Getting out of the Pacific straight to the #MetGala red carpet to shine like the brightest star! Iconic “Wet Look” is #BeyondCouture ! @KimKardashian is a #Muglerized #Camp Art piece ” #Mugler #ManfredThierryMugler #MetGala #Metcamp #BeyondCouture #Camp #KimKardashian #KimKardashianWest @manfredthierrymugler Manager : @jbrougeot . . . . . « Manfred Thierry Mugler for Kim Kardashian West / MET BALL 2019 with Mugler Fashion House. Revisited archive pieces for Mugler Fashion House @muglerofficial »
A post shared by Manfred Thierry Mugler (@manfredthierrymugler) on